• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pin Mod the 745

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jimmy_d_jr

hi all i have successfully pin moded the 745 1.8 to 2.4 but now i cant get into windows for long enough to try softmoding the voltages, funny thing is i can use ubuntu for a while, so me being competely new at this im guessing its undervolted/ unstable or its a temp thing
i used this image as a reference
533UWire.jpg

i have a tecra s2 by the way
please help

its not a hard mod to the mobo per say or maybe it is for those that like the hard way. the cpu can be vid-pin modded for higher voltage the same way you pin modded for higher fsb. for starters though you need to find the vid of the cpu since the 745 is a multi vid proc. basicly different cpus of the same model will have different vids. that way if you assume one voltage and it turns out to be another the signals will be diferent. you then run the chance of sending more voltage to the cpu then you my have thought you were pin modding it for.

my suggested program for finding the vid of the cpu is coretemp but you can also find it in realtemp as well. though the thing is you need a windows OS for those to work. see if you can borrow a xp cd from someone if you have a spare hd you can use. you dont need to register for 30 days so not to worry.

*edit*
what you need is going to be in the PDF doc from intel.
http://download.intel.com/support/processors/mobile/pm/sb/30218908.pdf
first section you need is VID table that is figure 3-1, found in section 3.2. next you need to go to figure 4-7 which is in section 4.2 which lists out the pin ID's of the cpu.

now then there are six pins used for voltage id and controls how much voltage its gets max. from the figure 3-1 you see you can apply up to 1.7v but you will not need that much for 2.4ghz.

**reference data sheet's link**
http://www.intel.com/design/intarch/pentiumm/docs_pentiumm_90nm.htm

Last edited:
Back