• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking Ati 5770

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andrew149

Hey has any flashed the bio's i have my overclocked all the way on the ati catalist i heard you can go way beyond thay point can anyone point me the right direction to do this?

So I have modded my xfx 5770 bios to bypass overdrive and run at 965 /1445 under 3d load and it's stable as can be. You can download RBE and extract, edit and flash your bios including max overdrive settings.

Since I only have a single card, I notice a difference in bad company 2 which is the most stressful game I have. I see you have cross fire so it might be more difficult to justify a true need to push them past the overdrive limits.

Have you tried the MSI Afterburner tool? On a lot of cards, this lets you increase clocks and sometimes voltage beyond the CCC limits. It's a 5000 series so it should work similarly to the 5850s and 5870s.

yep im using it but i want it so the program doesnt haft to do it

Then do what I did, use RBE to extract / modify your bios. I just set my 3d speeds to the limit that I was able to achieve in overdrive. in my case the speeds are 960 core and 1445 memory.

Hi. First time post.
I just wanted to ask how your cards fare at those speeds. I mean stability wise.
I have 2 Asus 5770s in CF. I only recently started overclocking so that I could overcome those fancy lights in Metro 2033 but met only a moderate amount of success. I'm using MSI Afterburner and running at 910mhz and 1300mhz but Metro won't boot at 915mhz. I'm just wondering how you guys maintain stability at high speeds like 960 and 1445. Is it just increasing voltage and keeping heat down or is there more to it.
Don't mean to hijack the topic but it seems pretty relevant since you guys are talking about achieving higher limits than overdrive will allow when i can't even achieve them with Afterburner. Thanks for any help.

Hi. First time post.
I just wanted to ask how your cards fare at those speeds. I mean stability wise.
I have 2 Asus 5770s in CF. I only recently started overclocking so that I could overcome those fancy lights in Metro 2033 but met only a moderate amount of success. I'm using MSI Afterburner and running at 910mhz and 1300mhz but Metro won't boot at 915mhz. I'm just wondering how you guys maintain stability at high speeds like 960 and 1445. Is it just increasing voltage and keeping heat down or is there more to it.
Don't mean to hijack the topic but it seems pretty relevant since you guys are talking about achieving higher limits than overdrive will allow when i can't even achieve them with Afterburner. Thanks for any help.

I did not need to bump the voltage at all. Just modified the 3d speeds once I tested the card out with Overdrive at the limits. I'm not sure if I got lucky or if it's a matter of who made the card. RBE shows the 3d volts at 1.2 and I've not pushed them any further at this point. this is on the stock cooler as well and my temps with 3dmark don't seem to go over 75 degrees.

What kind of PSU are you using? Have you tried each card individually to fine their limits?

I was just fooling around with afterburner and furmark and at 1.25 volts and 1000/1445 it started to artifact real bad, most likely due to high temps. at 960/1445 at 1.2 volts furmark runs fine but at 85 degrees, that **** is the beast for testing video cards.

So, unless you have good cooling be careful on how hard you push your card.

Last edited:
Sorry, should have given more info.
850 watt PSU
Phenom II 945 3.0Ghz
Both cards run at 8x

Running Metro 2033 i get about 54C on main card and 61C on second card.
Runs great on Very High 4x AA Box filter. easily 50 -100+ fps, but if I get anywhere near certain lights i drop down to 25 or less.

Currently i'm pushing the clocks to 920 and 1350 since the weather is pretty cold outside (live in the desert so that's a lucky break) and going to see if Metro will boot. 960/1445 would be nice to shoot for but I don't think it'll translate to +FPS where i need it to.

I hear that upping CPU clock will keep your system from bottle necking but i don't trust the cooler for my CPU. It's stock.
Btw, anybody here play Metro 2033?

Back