• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-790XTA-UD4 and mushkin DDR3 PC3-12800 7-8-7-20 Blackline

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Say0n

Hi guys

I've been testing a pack memories for this motherboard whitout positive results, i can't find the correct timings to a stable platform.

Please let me know the optimal configuration for the following memory packs, if there are incompatibilities with this motherboard i appreciate your information.

I tried a configuration from a guy from Mushkin , with 7-8-7-20 (996679) facing the same problem , the field DDR3 Voltaje control doesn't show a value of +0.5v because it start with 0.75V and i can't decrease that value, and i couldn't set the Memory Clock to x8.00, i had to set the CPU frequency to 240 increasing my CPU to 3.8ghz causing my system crash. I already formatted my PC installing Win7x64 and win7x86 with the same issues, below you'll find my specs, im thinking that maybe is just a compatibility problem, i ran memtest perfectly founding no errors, besides intelburn test successfully.

I have a system crash only running games, like Modern Warfare 2, Need for speed shift and some new games, i thought that could be my video card but i change my new XFX HD5770 for a Sapphire Vapor-x HD5770 experiencie exactly the same crashes , when a games starts, the screen start to blink then it crashes. im thinking in return these memories.

Phenom II x4 955
Mushkin 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800 7-8-7-20 Blackline 1.65v For LGA 1156
GIGABYTE(R) GA-790XTA-UD4 (rev. 1.0)
Sapphire Vapor-X HD 5770
Monitor LG w2353V
TOPOWER 650W M9
Win7 x64 ultimate
Catalyst 10.3

Since both Memtest and IBT pass, what makes you think there's a problem w/ your RAM? And when Windows crashes, what happens exactly... BSOD, reboot, lockup, etc.? If you're receiving BSODs, then post the exact error(s) as taken from the Event Viewer logs. Also, why couldn't you set the Memory Clock to x8.00, and the DRAM Voltage Control to 1.65V at a FSB of 200MHz?

Back