• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lets have a touhou thread!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
So in my endless quest to find something to do during advanced tech (Two hours on a computer with semi-filtered internet), I've ended up playing touhou. Found it kind of odd that there aren't any threads about it here, so why not start one?

Right now I'm playing ESoD, PCB, and IN on normal. PCB is my best by far, I can about make it to the final boss before I run out of continues. All of this on normal, might I add (hey, I never said I was good). On IN I think I got a little bit past marisa before I either gave up or ran out of lives. ESoD I made it a little bit past china hong meiling. Everything on reimu-A.

There is also the added bonus of the school computers being those old P4 based dells that you see everywhere. Half speed is nice when you are surrounded by bullets. :D

Somehow this ended up in the wrong section, already reported the first post to get it moved.

You'd think I'd have this whole posting thing down by now. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Been moved, thanks mods!

Last edited:
I've watched videos of it for years now, and always been curious about the series. I love shooters and haven't played a good one since R-Type Final. I did buy Gradius V about 4 years ago but haven't opened it yet.

The impression I got from Touhou was 'bleh, too many bullets and simple pattern memorization, no skill here.' Am I wrong?

The impression I got from Touhou was 'bleh, too many bullets and simple pattern memorization, no skill here.' Am I wrong?

I guess it depends if you feel that the pattern memorisation is simple. Bullet curtains are made to test the trial/error then memorisation "skill", but the patterns in games like touhou are anything but simple to execute

imo.

I've watched videos of it for years now, and always been curious about the series. I love shooters and haven't played a good one since R-Type Final. I did buy Gradius V about 4 years ago but haven't opened it yet.

They look like simple patterns when you are watching a replay, but I find when you are actually playing you are too focused on your player to get any use out of the 'patterns'.

It's a LOT harder than it looks.

I guess it depends if you feel that the pattern memorisation is simple. Bullet curtains are made to test the trial/error then memorisation "skill", but the patterns in games like touhou are anything but simple to execute

imo.

QFT

Bump / Beat perfect cherry blossom and imperishable night on normal.

Thread pretty dead though...

Back