• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mboard sound or Dedicated Sound Card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JKman

Registered
So, I currently have the Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro. I am going to be upgrade my system in the next few months with an asus ROG Crosshair 4 extreme motherboard. Do you guys think it would be worth it to keep my current sound card or go with my motherboards built in sound? Alright, thanks for any insights into my questions!

don't all high end Asus motherboards come with the Supreme FX II sound card?
i think with the newer boards they have Creative chips built in, so you should be ok with sound quality, unless you're crazy about quality :thup:

another way, you could use the coaxial input as it reads the audio direct from your motherboard and not after it has been decoded by the sound card. this will (should?) give you the best sound quality. since i switched from my sound card -> speakers to coaxial input from mobo -> speakers the sound's been cleaner and crisper.
EDIT:
yeah you should get one of these:
Supreme_FX.jpg

Back