• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

M-Audio Studiophile AV-40 Desktop Monitors

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightelph

I currently have a set of Logitech Z-5500s and saw these M-Audio AV-40s. I was thinking of an upgrade, and don't care much for the surround sound. Are these a worthy upgrade considering they can be found for $100? The Z55s are several years old, and my main interest is fidelity.

Last edited:
I like my AV40's and would recommend them but as I've never heard the 5500s I can't say for sure. Although all the reviews on the AV40's say they are better.

Well thats nice to hear at least one user's experience. I sold the Zs for $100, should be ordering the AV40s soon., maybe the bx5a set.

Last edited:
Might try writing a review for the frontpage after you get them. ;)

(Even though I need to be telling this to people with ATI cards, not sound stuff...)

Might try writing a review for the frontpage after you get them. ;)

(Even though I need to be telling this to people with ATI cards, not sound stuff...)

Heehee. Looks like I'm going to buy Mackie MR5s. A review sounds kinda interesting, but speaker brands are a personal choice and sound quality is subjective to my ears. That said if you can guide me I may be interested. :)

Back