• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody have some this to sell.........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was looking for something similar a while back too bud. Needless to say I couldn't find it in smaller pieces anywhere so I gave up. could you raising the cooler up may affect the performance of the cooler I'm pretty sure. Could you possibly trim down the copper on the existing block to fit correctly or what? A picture would be a great help as well.

This is the board

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188053

This is the block

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835708023

Sorry no pics of the problem, I put the evga heat sink back on and let it run again, It's a folder. The evga cooler is about the width of the mofsets , about 7mm.Cutting the water block, not an option in my option, just to much to cut off. And I have the same thermal questions, but kind of figured that with a good job of lapping the 2 contact side of the spacer it would not be an issue.

I want to, but when the ambient room temp hits about 77f, the mofset is at about 70c.

Ahh I see, well I don't think lapping would help much. a decent coat of thermal paste would be good enough. Again though I just feel like the copper would be too thick to be effective, you may have to shop around for a new mosfet block bud.

Ahh I see, well I don't think lapping would help much. a decent coat of thermal paste would be good enough. Again though I just feel like the copper would be too thick to be effective, you may have to shop around for a new mosfet block bud.

I will try this way first, if it doesn't work out, I may try and make one myself.

Iv'e been pondering making my own block as well for a while now, but lack the time. Please post the results if you can, I'd love to see if it works.

Back