• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I think my P6N Diamond died.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

klear

Just in time for the chimp challenge, I woke up to a cold, quiet basement. 25,000 PPD sleeping. Will not wake up. Does anyone know where I might be able to find another P6N or similar CHEAP 4x PCI-E motherboard?

This is going to be a very novice question, but the computer just wont start now. Would you guess that if a system just stopped working and will not boot at all that it is the motherboard? It is a corsair 850TX power supply, nothing inside it looks burnt and it doesn't smell.

I'm bummed, 90% of the reason for the post.

If absolutely nothing happens it should be the PSU.

If lights come on the MOBO and then it does nothing, then that indicates the MOBO or if you were really lucky a loose wire or cpu fan pin(Unlikely)

I just lost 10k this week with a bad PSU myself. A 650 corsair...It should be under warranty.

I hope it is just the PSU because the motherboard isn't under warranty I don't think.

Thanks for the tip on that, fonda.

Do you have the fan on the NB? I burnt up a p6n diamond that way. I also had one that one day refused to boot with the original processor installed, I had to install another processor (and the original worked just fine in another board).

Flaky things those boards, but GREAT when they work

I bought one used, which was an RMA that the seller turned around and sold to me without testing; it was DOA. I RMA'd that one and the one MSI sent as a replacement. The third board finally worked, and I did run 4 GPUs for awhile until the noise and heat drove me over the edge...

I bought one used, which was an RMA that the seller turned around and sold to me without testing; it was DOA. I RMA'd that one and the one MSI sent as a replacement. The third board finally worked, and I did run 4 GPUs for awhile until the noise and heat drove me over the edge...

I think I still have a NB fan or two around here somewhere, I also have the nb/sb heatsink assembly if anyone would need it for some odd reason

I finally got the PSU and 1 9800GTX back that died, though I sent XFX a 9800GTX+ and they sent me back a 9800GTX. Should I be upset about that?

At any rate, my P6N doesn't want to boot with 4 cards plugged in (and by that I mean the system powers on but nothing shows on the monitor. The fans spin down from max speed but nothing displays from any video card.) 3 cards boot just fine, including the new 9800GTX.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as always!

Back