• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 3.3)] - Can set clocks but they don't work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hultis

Hi!

I've been running my computer overclocked for a while, but now something very weird has happened. I was running my E6600 at 3.3 GHz @ 1.4 V, all working fine (although i don't think it was completely stable). Then (I think this was the time it happened anyway) my computer crashed. I wasn't at home when it happened so I'm not sure exactly what happened, but it happened a lot when I tested stability so it shouldn't be anything special. Anyway, when i booted it next time it had reverted to stock speeds, not too unusual after a crash.

The interesting thing is that when I went into BIOS the values had not changed at all! It was set to [email protected], yet when I saved it and started the computer it was set to 266x9. I tried a few different settings - auto on lots of things and manual on others with a 2 MHz FSB overclock - didn't work. I think I tried pretty much all permutations of settings. I also flashed my BIOS to the latest one, F14. It wasn't double boot or anything, and it saved all settings. Further, I tried using EasyTune 5 and 6 to overclock, but despite that it said it was overclocked nothing actually happened (it seems like EasyTune noticed that though). I looked in others programs and tried benchmarking - absolutely no difference from stock.

I did however manage to overclock the FSB by 1 MHz when everything else was set to auto, not sure if that is significant.

Complete specs:
* GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 3.3)
* E6600
* Corsair XMS2-6400
* Geforce 8800GTS
* Corsair HX 520
* Plenty of cooling =)

Reset CMOS Take Power connections off M/B and remove Battery for 20-30muns the put power back to mobo reboot to default settings in Bios, see if that fixes then try your OC

Thanks, it worked! Don't know why I didn't try it in the first place, my lazy brain must have suppressed it or something :D

Back