• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Numeric Keypad 3 launches "Search Results"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

humdinger

I have a problem with an XP SP3 machine! When I press 3 on the keypad this brings up windows search :( Also the * key does not seem to work. Everything else on the keypad works fine including NumLock.

I have all the sticky keys options turned OFF and also tried turning off the Mouse sticky key options but no joy :(

What to do? Hoping someone can please help... Thanks! It's a USB keyboard attached to the ps/2 port via adapter. It has not had this problem before??

Did you try borrowing any other keyboard to isolate if the problem is with system or keyboard itself.

Did you try borrowing any other keyboard to isolate if the problem is with system or keyboard itself.

Seems to be keyboard issue. The search multimedia key was sticking, but is unstuck now and seems to be all fine except the * and - keys not working on keypad. Can live with those for this computer!

Back