• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low score for my Phenom x4 940 on 3dmark06?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elitebear4

hey guys, so i decided to do a 3dmark06 benchmark test on my current rig which is as follows:

phenom x4 940
ASRock A780LM-S mobo
2gb gskill ram
gigabyte 5750 @ 820/1250
80gb 7200hd (yeah i know i really gotta replace this)
500w thermaltake psu

3dmark06 score:
14377 3dmarks
sm2.0: 5849
hdr/sm3.0 score: 6692
cpu score: 3912

i have been running into problems where my games freeze up then speed up ridiculously fast and i was thinking it may have had something to do with my video card or processor not performing up to par. do these scores suggest that i may in fact be having performance issues with my hardware?

Scores look fine to me... have you compared the results at the ORB (where you submit the scores?)?

my overclocked 965 was 18 so that score is fine the 955 is slow compared to a intel its not that is slow its just nothing compared to intel plus the future mark is biasd towards intel

????? what the heck are you talking about...... You don't seem to understand that you just don't dial in oc and run the bench and expect a score,,, there's a lot of tweaking involved, high mhz don't buy scores.... Rant over...

Yeah looks right. I get about 15k with no OC on the GPU

thanks everyone for the input i guess i can rest easy now although i do think that my power supply could use an upgrade i am somewhat suspicious that it could be underpowered for my hardware.

????? what the heck are you talking about...... You don't seem to understand that you just don't dial in oc and run the bench and expect a score,,, there's a lot of tweaking involved, high mhz don't buy scores.... Rant over...

lol what are you kidding me? i simply posted my scores on this site to get insight on whether or not there could be an issue with my hardware underperforming. im not trying to break records with 3dmark with my rig i am just trying to get it to run up to normal standards. take your hostility and obvious insecurities somewhere else

edit: i noticed that you are a "benching team member". no wonder, i guess this stuff must be a big part of your life and you take it very seriously...haha good for you. sorry does laughing at you make me a ****?

thanks everyone for the input i guess i can rest easy now although i do think that my power supply could use an upgrade i am somewhat suspicious that it could be underpowered for my hardware.

lol what are you kidding me? i simply posted my scores on this site to get insight on whether or not there could be an issue with my hardware underperforming. im not trying to break records with 3dmark with my rig i am just trying to get it to run up to normal standards. take your hostility and obvious insecurities somewhere else

edit: i noticed that you are a "benching team member". no wonder, i guess this stuff must be a big part of your life and you take it very seriously...haha good for you. sorry does laughing at you make me a ****?

The comment was not aiming at you but at Andrew response, It was not in my intention to make fun of your score, your question was really legit, but the answer that dude gave you was not appropriate neither accurate, sorry about the confusion and you can always ask question and I will be more than happy to help you out

Back