• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two cases in one? o.O

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinkles

Hi, I have two 4870's sitting in a closet and I have been itching to build a rig with them, and of course one thing led to another and I embarked on an ambitious build...

I am in the planning stage for this case and have been contemplating doing a special case; a fusion of two cases into one amazing psuedo-MM's UFO case.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out and give me some links to previous worklogs that have done something similar. I remember seeing a few of those around the l33t intrawebz, but I can't seem to find them :shrug:

If you could help me out that would be awesome!

(Here is a sneak preview of the color scheme I may use http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/60334/Techno_Hiker)

Ah, I knew there was a worklog somewhere around here pertaining a build similar to the on I had in mind. Quick question for you: what made you chose the piano hinge? Would two smaller hinges work as well, or would the case+components be too heavy?

Check out the link in my sig. I've since built a larger version but I haven't made a thread about it.

Ah, I knew there was a worklog somewhere around here pertaining a build similar to the on I had in mind. Quick question for you: what made you chose the piano hinge? Would two smaller hinges work as well, or would the case+components be too heavy?

Yes I used Piano hinge for better stability and strength, yes you could use two/three hinges but the Piano hinge was better

Okay! Thanks for the help! You will probably see more threads from me asking strange questions soon! If you see any articles and you think they would help me out, link me up!

Back