• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help please... im a newbie here... thanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kerlogan

I WANT A MILD OVERCLOCK... i dont know how to do it

heres my specs.

AMD Phenom II x2 550 black edition
Asus m4n68t-m motherboard
Gigabyte G-Power II pro cooler
Kingston DDR3 2 Gig 1333
Palit GTS 250 512 mb 256 bit DDR3 green
Seagate 160 HDD
LiteON DvdRw
HEC Cougar 550 watts
Antec 300 case w/ complete fans
Samsung 15' LCD
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

thank you very much in advance...

:welcome: Kerlogan to the forums!

To help you get started on overclocking your system, I highly recommend you reading the Phenom II Guide posted in my signature. Its filled with information on how to get the best OC on your computer.

:welcome: to OCF!

If you just want a very mild overclock look over your BIOS, find the following settings, and manually set the values shown.
HTRef (CPU frequency): 200 MHz
vCore (CPU voltage): 1.35v
CPU Multiplier: 16X
cpuNB VID: 1.20v
cpuNB multiplier: 11x
HT Link multiplier: 9X

NB chipset: auto
SB chipset: auto

You'll need to look at your RAM packaging, check the RAM manufacturers website, or use the CPU-Z's SPD tab to find your stock RAM voltage, speed, and timings. These should also be set manually.

Reboot from BIOS and you're already overclocked to 3.2 GHz! :) From there you need to start stress testing (at least 15 minutes) and taking load core temp readings using OCCT or Prime95+CoreTemp. If your load core temp is less than 55°C then you can increase your CPU multiplier another notch and repeat. Eventually your system will reboot itself because you've exceeded the speed that stock voltage can give you so drop back to your last tested overclock and repeat the stress test for an hour or so. By then you should have read enough of Dolk's guide to decide how much farther you want to go.

Post back with questions or results ... :)

@ sir, DOLK

t.y, i just read the article about the phenom II very informative, i understood it even im newbie in o.c world... sir, help when i need help, thank you...

@ sir, QUIETICE

before i post regarding O.C my pc, out now where maybe im just curious i try to change the multiplier of phenom 550 to 17.5, and the other settings is all AUTO only the multiplier i changed then i reboot it, when i check the basic information of my computer it say that my processor is 3.5 ghz... do you think it is good or bad thing to do? may temp is 38 degrees in idle and 40 - 43 degrees when its full load... but now its all back in stock speed again...

i just want to learned from you sir, and sir dolk the proper way on how to o.cing

thank you sir,

sir,

i have 2 gig kingston ddr3 1333 mhz, is it ok if a add 1 more stick to my slot?
may plan is another 1 gig kingston ddr 3 1333 mhz since windows 7 32 bit recocgnize only 3 gig of ram...

first slot 2 gig ddr3 1333 and, and 2nd slot is 1 gig ddr3 1333 = 3 gig ddr3 1333 is it ok?

or ill go for another 2 gig more instead of 1 gig?

thank you...

What you want to do is try to match your sticks of RAM. If you use a 2GB and a 1GB stick, you will have 3 GB of memory but it will be running in single channel mode, halving your memory bandwidth and performance. If you can get another identical stick to the one you're running, you should be able to run them in dual channel mode as long as they're in the proper memory slots, (usually the same colored ones) also if you have the option.. make sure to set your memory to Unganged mode.

Back