• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Project killing my pc :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

P6014 (R1,C52,G118) has my temps pegged at 97-100 the whole time even after a reboot!!!!!!

All my fans are working so I know that's not it. Voltage hasn't changed, Ambient temps are lower than previous as well(63f instead of 68-70f) :(

P6014 (R1,C52,G118) has my temps pegged at 97-100 the whole time even after a reboot!!!!!!

All my fans are working so I know that's not it. Voltage hasn't changed, Ambient temps are lower than previous as well(63f instead of 68-70f) :(

Only thing I can think of is that you may have a family of Dust Bunnies living in there, and/or Pollen bunnies....

Or your TIM has worn out... I know AS5 can get a little chalky after leaving it on with rather high temps for a while...

Last edited:
There is nothing inherent in p6014 that would cause any higher temps than any other a3 WU. Look within, grasshopper.

I think its due to Not Changing clients over to T32monkeys ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,karma,,,,,,,jkg

I did that you silly Aussie :D

lol ambient temps are 65f and the cores are 91-93 OMG...Even after I blew it out..

I guess I'm going to tear it down and check the fans if they are still spinning good then I guess I re-apply thermal paste(which I don't have any left :( )

God I want to get rid of this v10, but going from v10 to a megahalem seems stupid when I want to step to water, but it's not in the budget yet!

My v10 started get hotter on my D0. I noticed at 90, then the next few days it was pegged at 95. I didn't have time to figure it out so I dropped it .2Ghz or so, along with the voltage and it's folding stable mid 70's for the last 3-4 weeks.

I did that you silly Aussie :D

lol ambient temps are 65f and the cores are 91-93 OMG...Even after I blew it out..

I guess I'm going to tear it down and check the fans if they are still spinning good then I guess I re-apply thermal paste(which I don't have any left :( )

God I want to get rid of this v10, but going from v10 to a megahalem seems stupid when I want to step to water, but it's not in the budget yet!

I know Radioshack carries AS5 in store in San Antonio... beat ordering it from NewEgg.com when you need it NOW! (aka your wife threw away the barely used one you had, cause she thought it was trash, even though it was in a drawer with computer parts stuff......)

one of the local computer shops might carry it, you might get lucky and find it in town.

I had a similar experience, I eventually found out that the dust had formed a dense blanket between the fan and heatsink causing my temps to shoot up to 100c on anything over stock settings. I had to actually peel that layer off of the heatsink. I didn't have any canned air so I blew on the heatsink and it created a dust explosion that left me exiting the room gasping for some clean air. I had never seen dust collect like that before, and I used do live off of a gravel road..

Last edited:
well now I'm working on a p6073 and the temps are 77-85 with ambients at 63ish

earlier when I left it was finishing up the original project and was still hitting 90's with ease even after a blowing out. I might tear it down this weekend and check to see if the fans are spinning like they should might even swap them out for the Antec tricool's I have here just for chits and giggles. IDK though that's alot of work :D

I wish there was someway to disable the TEC on this hoebag!!!

I would avoid Antec Tricools. I have a lot of p180 cases which come with three tricools. Life of the fan is 1 to 2 years. A Sythe S-flex, on the other hand, will outlast the rest of the rig. I'm sure there are other brands that will as well, but I have never had an S-Flex fail.

Woke up this morning to see the temps were pegged at 95-99 again. Heat in house is off and ambient is about 63-65. WTF is going on all of a sudden!!!!

I've had 2 sets of R4(coolermaster stock v10 fans fail in less than 2 years)

I might get some S-flex for giggles.

Chas I sent you a PM as well.

I just dropped the clock to 3.8 at 1.25v and the temps while folding are 58-62

1.35v @ 4.0 raised it that much :(

Back