• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interrupts process maxing out CPU with 3650 installed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zim2411

I have an ASUS small form factor system I use in my AV setup. It's an old system, just an Athlon 3000, but I've got a 3650 which lets it handle HD video perfectly fine. But recently it's been absolutely terrible, and I finally figured out why.

I used process explorer, and found that the interrupts process is constantly using 50 to 60% of the CPU at all times. If I take the 3650 out and go back to integrated video, the interrupts go away. I've reinstalled drivers to 10.4, but I'm thinking it's not really a driver issue since it happens in XP, 7, and 7 safe mode. (Haven't tried XP safe mode but I doubt that would help)

Is this the sign of a dying motherboard or videocard? I don't have any other cards to test in the system, none of them will fit nor is the powersupply powerful enough.

Hm, I installed the card in my desktop and it booted up -- but never showed anything on my monitors. I was able to VNC in, but absolutely nothing on the monitors. I guess this card is just dead.

Back