• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BSOD after going from nvidia to ati

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

10pmStalker

Registered
hey guys I just got a new ati card and its been fine for a few days but now im starting to get bsod quite a few times a day. I downloaded driver sweeper and removed all the nvidia drivers. Im not sure what else to do. Maybe its something totally different thats the problem?

Have you updated the drivers recently? I've found the 10.4's to be terrible... i would try different drivers and see how you get on... also, does it crash when it's stock clocks?

and why is this in the intel cpu section.....?

yeah I just realized its in the wrong section. I have only tried 10.4 drivers and I left the overclock disabled and its been fine for as long as the computer has been on this morning so I guess maybe it has to do with that. I had this overclock going steady for months with no problems at all though. Cant understand why it resetting itself.

no happens under regular pc work. Running webpages or playing online poker.

oh yeah, idling around 35C and not going over 40C and I havent been gaming since I started getting the blue screens

I am using two 6 pin pci connectors for the card since my power supply dosent have a connector for it. Should I have all 4 molex connectors plugged in to power or is 1 molex per pci connector good enough?

That corsair unit doesn't have 2 6 pin connectors? Hmmm... in that case you should be using 2 molex to 6 pin cables, so you need 2 molex connectors per 6 pin...

I went through all my cables and I did find the pcie connectors. I had no idea what they even were when I first put this power supply in years ago.. anyway I think I got everything worked out. Not getting any more bsod since I changed a few settings in my overclock.

BTW is 42c idle for the highest core ok temp? it dosent go past 71c when prime is running. I think they are ok temps. will be nice to get some other opinions.

Last edited:
Back