• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gigbyte mb ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mob

Hello everyone. got a ? forr ya, I have a gigbyte mb GA-6BX, rev. 1.7 slot 1. I am wanting to upgrade cpu. have a PII 350 and would like to go to a 550 atleast. but all I have seen is PIII's at this size. the manaual I got with the board only reply's to PII. Does this mb suport PIII.

And also in the writing it said it will go from a 200mhz to 633mhz. but the switch settings only show up to a 350. so could i go to a 600 and be ok.

also , or would an adapter and a flip chip work instead of looking for a used slot 1

not ready to try overclocking, just would like to up grade. one reason is my cdrw recomends a min, 400 mhz and another is the guy that built this unit move 2 yr ago. so a friend said I could possible find my answer from U all here. any and all info will be a big help.
THANKS in advance
mob

Back