• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e8400 + GA-P35-DSL Overclock problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bherring

I currently run an e8400 attached to the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L rev 2.0 and have had it running around 4 ghz for some time now. Recently after reinstalling windows I noticed that my computer was no longer overclocked. After setting the FSB / voltage (usually around 1.3875 or somewhat close) I found that it would boot for like 2 seconds and then turn off. I have 2x 2048MB G.Skill DDR2 1066 sticks of PC2-8500 running CL5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v. Even if I manually set the FSB to 333 it won't reboot, what's the deal, is it dead? Updated my Bios to F9 (up-to-date) and I just can't figure out for the life of me why this sucker won't overclock now. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys as this is frustrating.

:welcome: to OCForums :)

Try working it up slowly, instead of going straight to your previous settings. Let it reboot and post with smaller increments, slowly working your way up. Many Gigabyte BIOSes are picky about large jumps.

Did you remember to change your memory divider, also if that does not work try pulling the cmos battery for 30 minutes and see if that will help.

Did you remember to change your memory divider, also if that does not work try pulling the cmos battery for 30 minutes and see if that will help.

30 minutes is kinda long....all i have to do is remove the battery, flip off the power supply, hold the power button for a few seconds, then put the battery back in and its cleared...

30 minutes is kinda long....all i have to do is remove the battery, flip off the power supply, hold the power button for a few seconds, then put the battery back in and its cleared...

There has been some cases on the Gigabyte P35 chipset were that amount of time helped and was suggested, not by me for the same problem. Don't ask me why it worked, because people did it the normal way you suggested and it did not work on the Gigabyte boards.

o_O thats weird....must just be the p35 chipset....ive had 3 gigabyte boards in the past (p55, p45, and an AM2 board) that worked fine that way.

o_O thats weird....must just be the p35 chipset....ive had 3 gigabyte boards in the past (p55, p45, and an AM2 board) that worked fine that way.
If I remember correctly it was suggested by seiner members when removing the CMOS battery and clearing all the power did not work on the Gigabyte P35 chipset. I was amazed that waiting a longer period of time did work on the Gigabyte bios overclocking problems.

I currently run an e8400 attached to the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L rev 2.0 and have had it running around 4 ghz for some time now. Recently after reinstalling windows I noticed that my computer was no longer overclocked. After setting the FSB / voltage (usually around 1.3875 or somewhat close) I found that it would boot for like 2 seconds and then turn off. I have 2x 2048MB G.Skill DDR2 1066 sticks of PC2-8500 running CL5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v. Even if I manually set the FSB to 333 it won't reboot, what's the deal, is it dead? Updated my Bios to F9 (up-to-date) and I just can't figure out for the life of me why this sucker won't overclock now. Any help would be greatly appreciated guys as this is frustrating.

not to hijack your thread but quick question...

I have the same board/chip/ram.. I cant for the life of me get the board to play nice with the ram had to toss some budget ram in.
is this the same kit you have F2-8500CLD5??

Back