• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4870 MW2 Issues..helpp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cogman

i cant play mw2 maxed out on my 4870 :( Can anyone suggest a reason why? Specs are below in sig.. thanks

It's probably your CPU, I could run MW2 maxed out at 1080p on a mildly overclocked 4850 w/a overclocked q6600. 2gb ram should be enough, you might just want to see if you can squeeze anything more out of your processor, or maybe see if running 2xAA helps.

2GB ram is low if hes on Vista and possibly Win7 if he has a lot of apps running. Mw2 uses up at least 1.5GB on my system.

What resolution? I was able to do it on my 4870 at 1680x1050 but I was using a quad clocked at 3.5ghz.

My guess is your slow CPU speed and the amount of RAM you have. The video card is fast enough.

You shouldn't have a problem running that maxed out, even my laptop can max out the settings with 2xAA at 1920x1200 on an external monitor... Check RAM usage whilst gaming to see if you are running out of that...

It uses like 1.8gb on mine, but when i tested it on my friends pc ( he has 6gb's) it was using like 2.5gb :-/

It uses like 1.8gb on mine, but when i tested it on my friends pc ( he has 6gb's) it was using like 2.5gb :-/

4GB of ram would likely significantly improve your framerates, so would a faster processor, but RAM would be the biggest change for you right now in that specific game.

You're going to be bottlenecked by both your ram and your cpu. As said before, you're gonna want at least 4gb of ram (needing more than that depends on the specific applications you run, 4gb is plenty for gaming). You're also gonna want to upgrade your cpu, a phenom II or i5 will give you a nice performance boost. For comparison, with my 4870 and a 720be I max every setting in that game @ 1680x1050 and never drop below 60 fps.

I would definitely suggest adding another 2 GB of RAM to your setup. That game, like BFBC2 just gobbles up the RAM. Not to mention it's a fairly new game, and your chip is beginning to show it's age. Are you using an aftermarket CPU cooler? If so, you should be able to OC to at least 3.0-3.2Ghz, the 5000+ was a pretty decent clocker.

Back