• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Today I got myself the Droid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wickedout

Hi everyone. I was a BlackBerry man for a few years. I'm still learning how to use this phone. This is my 1st day with it. I got this morning at Costco. It's got some many features. I love it.

Does anyone else on here have it? How do you like it? :)

Last edited:
I have one and it is, by far, my favorite phone. I've rooted my phone to gain access to ad blocking and overclocking.

Previously, I had a Palm 750p and a Blackberry 8330. Huge upgrade from those.

It's pretty a amazing phone. I had the BB 8320 and liked it a lot. But this is a huge upgrade from my BB! It was way worth it.

I hear you on that Brutal. I really liked my BB, but this Droid just kicks butt. And with the 3G network it makes it very fast and efficient. You're right I'll probably never go BB again.

Here are some of my Pros and Cons for the Motorola Droid. I know I only got it yesterday and all. This is what I felt so far about it. What's really cool I got it Costco, so I can return within 30 days if I decided it's not for me. I doubt I'll take it back. It's a very nice option to have it for 30 days and return it without question.

PROS:
- Gorgeous 3.7-inch (480x854) screen
- Tight Google application integration
- Amazing HTML browser
- Microsoft Exchange support
- Good 5MP digicam
- Surprisingly good camcorder
- 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
- Google Maps Navigation makes standalone GPS units obsolete
- Large selection of free and paid apps available
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- Blue Tooth
- Voice Dialing

CONS:
- Power hungry device gulps battery life
- Touch screen is extremely sensitive
- Heavy (5.9 ounces)
- Lacks physical direct dial/end buttons
- Physical keyboard could use improvements
- Short USB charging cable
- Included microSD card is Class 2

Here are some of my Pros and Cons for the Motorola Droid. I know I only got it yesterday and all. This is what I felt so far about it. What's really cool I got it Costco, so I can return within 30 days if I decided it's not for me. I doubt I'll take it back. It's a very nice option to have it for 30 days and return it without question.

PROS:
- Gorgeous 3.7-inch (480x854) screen
- Tight Google application integration
- Amazing HTML browser
- Microsoft Exchange support
- Good 5MP digicam
- Surprisingly good camcorder
- 802.11b/g Wi-Fi
- Google Maps Navigation makes standalone GPS units obsolete
- Large selection of free and paid apps available
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- Blue Tooth
- Voice Dialing

CONS:
- Power hungry device gulps battery life
- Touch screen is extremely sensitive
- Heavy (5.9 ounces)
- Lacks physical direct dial/end buttons
- Physical keyboard could use improvements
- Short USB charging cable
- Included microSD card is Class 2
The droid is a good phone. The only problem with it seems to be voice quality. My mother had a droid and it was fun to play with, but whenever i called her it sounded like she was talking through a pillow.
She traded it in for an increadible, but she still like the physical keyboard.

Back