• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Differen't GPU's on same machine. Folding@home

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrfrankmrfrank

So, I was just curious. Is it possible to use two completely different gpus on the same machine for folding at home. I have a gigabyte motherboard with two pci express slots. I currently have a liquid cooled gtx 295 folding@home. Would I be able to add a gtx 480 to this setup and fold on that as well?

Yea, I'm eager for the gtx 480 compatible client comes out as well. The reason why I was asking about different gpu's is because I just received notice from evga that their copper hydro gtx 480 was available. I just wasn't sure if I could use the 480 and the 295 in the same machine.

As always, thanks for the help Chasr

Yea, I'm eager for the gtx 480 compatible client comes out as well. The reason why I was asking about different gpu's is because I just received notice from evga that their copper hydro gtx 480 was available. I just wasn't sure if I could use the 480 and the 295 in the same machine.

As always, thanks for the help Chasr

You might want to warn the neighbors that their lights will dim a bit when you fire that thing up. :beer:

i might have to power down my other dual core machine, and another dual core machine running its own gtx 295 as well. ........all in the same room.

Back