• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung f3 humming noise

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deed

Thank randyman for help in my previous thread and helping me get setup with the raid, The hard drives you suggested are AMAZING and quiet.

Ok back on topic, I made a thread a bit ago for some raid drives (seagate) and they are working great. What I want to do now is grab some cheaper drives for replacements on a friends computer who's hard-drive has crashed twice now so It is time for a new one. I was dead set on samsung's since he wants 500gb and has a budget of about 60 dollars. Having one myself right now it is very quiet, But I heard some of the newer batches after 2009 make an annoying humming noise constantly that does not go away. Can anyone confirm if they have this or know of anybody that has this issue buying these hard drives recently? For some reason he does not want seagate or western digital but I have no experiences on more then 3 brands.

Back