Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Overclockers News Team > Content Editor Status
Content Editor Status This is where we track status of our content editors
Forum Jump

MattNo5ss - Cases, PSUs, Modding and Cooling

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 03-26-12, 11:54 PM   #681
Bobnova

InWin Green Me 750 W PSU has been tested. It's solid! Much better results ripple wise than the last one, though it doesn't have the ZOMG regulation.
It also got the first Bobnova's Box of Doomish Heat Test, it got happier still in there.

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7
Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-27-12, 09:06 AM Thread Starter   #682
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Good to hear ripple issues aren't in all their PSUs. You'll have to throw the Box of Doomish Heat Test into the methods/equipment draft

What does it consist of?

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build
MattNo5ss is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-27-12, 09:14 AM   #683
Bobnova

You'll like this.
Bobnova's Box of Doomish Heat is a box. Made of cardboard, with a couple slots for cables.
It's about the same width as a PSU, maybe 9" tall and 12" long.
Plop it over the PSU and the exhaust goes right back in the intake.
Lift the exhaust end to allow some to escape to control temps.

Next on the list for it is some advanced monitoring hardware that costs an infinite amount more money (seriously, because the box was free :P) to track the temps on a more automatic basis.

Bobnova is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-27-12, 09:32 AM Thread Starter   #684
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Nice, I love the DIY/improv stuff

Can you tape a K-type bead probe somewhere inside the PSU and use your benching thermometer?

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build
MattNo5ss is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-27-12, 10:00 AM   #685
Bobnova

That's what the temp monitoring stuff is essentially.
One probe above the intake, one in the center of the exhaust grill.
I'm going to build myself a dual input doodad with a LCD for output so that I don't have to unplug/replug constantly, that gets annoying

Old 03-28-12, 10:27 PM   #686
Bobnova

Green Me (lol) PSU review is ready for proofing.
I left my notebook with the ripple scope settings at work today (whoops), so that part won't be ready till tomorrow sometime. I'll post again when that bit is done.

Old 03-30-12, 02:56 PM   #687
Bobnova

Green Me is totally ready for proofing.

Old 03-30-12, 03:06 PM Thread Starter   #688
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Gotcha, I'll look over it soon as I can, but with the other one in pending, it's not on my super high priority list

Old 03-30-12, 03:40 PM   #689
Bobnova

Oh yeah that's fine, I just wanted to get it done and make it someone else's problem :P

Old 04-07-12, 07:22 AM   #690
capttripppp

If you felt that my Raider review and now ready to be gone over Fan review (I still have to do the featured image today) were up to par, and if you happen to have any cases or anything in the wings I would be happy to review any of it for you Herr Green Machine Matt! Congratulations by the way if I didn't mention it before. (I can't remember if I did)

"I just picked up some Vaseline and a big syringe. I'm thinking using the syringe will make it easier to put the Vaseline in all the little hard to reach spots. I'm hoping to get to mess with it tonight, if so I'll post some videos" Convicted1
capttripppp is offline Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 04-07-12, 08:53 PM Thread Starter   #691
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

I'll give the fan article a look as soon as I can. I'm working on an article myself which I need to get a lot done since I'll be outta town next weekend.

Thanks for the congrats!

Old 05-01-12, 06:57 PM   #692
Bobnova

Antec Earthwatts Platinum 650 W review started. Initial photos taken, testing plan blocked out. Testing and dissection should happen later tonight. Writeup hopefully tomorrow, should be ready to post by the end of thursday if all goes well.
Further updates as events warrant.

Old 05-02-12, 02:47 PM   #693
Bobnova

This thing is wired quite creatively, not sure I'm going to be able to sort out what rectifies what!

Old 05-02-12, 02:54 PM Thread Starter   #694
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Thanks for the updates.

Wired creatively? Looking forward to seeing that one.

Old 05-02-12, 04:10 PM   #695
Bobnova

I'm going to get the best pictures I can, the secondary rectification is packed pretty brutally. If I have to draw pictures in MSPaint, I will!
Actually it'll be paint.net, whatever.

Sidenote: Antec has the most annoying warranty stickers of anybody I've run across so far. Beating out even Thermaltake's huge stickers.

Old 05-03-12, 07:56 PM   #696
Bobnova

Review is done I think.
I put a featured image and an excerpt in as well.

As always I welcome and request any/all feedback on anything and everything contained in the review.

Old 05-03-12, 08:37 PM Thread Starter   #697
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

Thanks, we'll be going over it soon. Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow.

Old 05-09-12, 11:24 PM   #698
Bobnova

Surprise! I wrote an article on voltmodding. Due to the "Modding" in your status thread's title you're currently stuck with said article

Old 05-09-12, 11:24 PM Thread Starter   #699
MattNo5ss
5up3r m0d3r4t0r
Overclockers.com Editor

I'm always stuck with you...

I'll probably give it a look tomorrow, thanks! I'm very interested in it and I'm a n00b, so I'll have questions and comments I'm sure

Old 05-09-12, 11:39 PM   #700
Bobnova

It got cranked out on a whim and fairly rapidly, so I expect it needs some massaging regardless :P

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > Overclockers News Team > Content Editor Status
Content Editor Status This is where we track status of our content editors