• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Alan Wake

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathman20

High Speed Premium Senior
So whos getting it? Im starting to really like these dark horror/mistery games a lot recently. Dead Space is probably what kicked it off more recently and now looking forward to Alan Wake + its DLC coming in July with Dead Space 2 coming this fall.

Im pumped for it, is anyone else looking forward to this game? Plan on trying to nab it release day.

From the word around it there is 6 Episodes in the game (levels) that run roughly 2 hours each. As well if im reading it correctly the DLC coming in July is free with the game, code im assuming of course that comes with the retail game, which is probably just another episode.

Guess as well there is some Videos online of a lead up to the game.

I'm snagging it if it actually comes out this time

Well EU/UK forgot which or both gets released today. Tuesday its released though the 18th for US. Its done, people have it so its gotta come out unless the world ends between now and then.

It got released today in the UK... it's only for xbox tho isn't it?

Yep. I'll "pick it up" this weekend and give it a try. I'm currently engaged in racing my RC car, working on my house and playing Dragon Age: Awakenings. So I won't get too deep into it until I'm done with Awakenings.

I've been waiting for this game since 2006. But... it got canceled on PC and I don't have a console, so I pass

was also waiting for the PC version, maybe it will come out in 6 months for it ? :(

was also waiting for the PC version, maybe it will come out in 6 months for it ? :(

That would be cool. I mean they have some of it I'd assume because it was being programed for both, they just decided to focus on the X360 first. So maybe 6-12 months I could see that.

I don't really think it'll come for PC at all

Here's what the source says:
PC Version of Alan Wake Officially Scrapped
Microsoft explains the cancellation.

UK, February 15, 2010 - The PC version of Alan Wake has officially been scrapped.

We first heard in July rumours that Remedy had refocused their efforts on the Xbox 360 incarnation of the game, but this is the first time Microsoft have publically commented on the matter.

In a statement to Strategy Informer, a Microsoft spokesperson said: "Some games are more suited for the intimacy of the PC, and others are best played from the couch in front of a larger TV screen. We ultimately realised that the most compelling way to experience Alan Wake was on the Xbox 360 platform, so we focused on making it an Xbox 360 exclusive. Both Microsoft and Remedy have long histories in PC game development. This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform."
Source: http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/106/1069295p1.html

I don't really think it'll come for PC at all

yep

microsoft decided to push its console all the way and cancelled most of these xbox/pc releases so that it would only be for xbox

have you thought about why halo 3 hasn't come to pc yet, or why there are no reports of it coming? because microsoft cancelled that as well.

microsoft has been busy recently throwing money around to secure exclusives for xbox, as well as reduce the no. of exclusives for the ps3

just look recently: both final fantasy and metal gear solid is coming to the xbox - the 2 biggest ps3 exclusives (argueably)

and it seems just in case these ps3 owners also have pcs to play some of the xbox/pc exclusives, microsoft decided that that wouldn't do so it decided to make them only xbox exclusive, so that to play those games you'd have to buy the xbox

imo it'll only get worse in the future where there would be so many great exlusives on the xbox that you'd feel obliged to get it...

have microsoft shot themselves in the foot?

well we'll have to wait and see, all I know is that xbox 360s are too cheap these days and I just got myself another one for modding :santa:

just my 2 cents

I have it for 360, i really like it, story so far is awesome, wish they did a pc version it would look really amazing.

so far i am on episode 3 and love it!

You guys and getting games early. How do you do it?
Wal-Mart broke the street date here, someone posted it on alan wake forums, but im not sure where everyone else got it from.

but it seems to be a game i can only play once so once im done with it im going to trade it in to gamestop and get red dead redemption for ps3

It's like the military, don't ask don't tell. ;)

Well I ask so :p

Wal-Mart broke the street date here, someone posted it on alan wake forums, but im not sure where everyone else got it from.

but it seems to be a game i can only play once so once im done with it im going to trade it in to gamestop and get red dead redemption for ps3

Ah makes sence... to many smart people out here never break street date :(

Looks like a great game, but I don't own any consoles, nor do I ever plan to. I try to avoid games from any company that allow themselves to be bribed into "exclusive" releases. Looks like Remedy gets added to my list.

Looks like a great game, but I don't own any consoles, nor do I ever plan to. I try to avoid games from any company that allow themselves to be bribed into "exclusive" releases. Looks like Remedy gets added to my list.

Bribed? But Alan Wake is made by Microsoft Game Studios o.0

[EDIT]

nvm, found out what u said has some truth behind it.
On May 7, 2006, Alan Wake became 360 exclusive, since [Mirosoft[M$]] bought the rights to it.

So, it was going to be in PS3, PC and 360 originally.

BTW, I found this PC trailer of the game, made for the E3 in 2005.

Last edited:
A lot of people forget that this was supposed to be on the PC. I still remember the demo they did on stage showing how it supported used multi core computing for tornados and physics type stuff. I was so angry when they went 360 exclusive for this. I have a 360 now, so I still might get it, but I want it on PC so we can start making maps and mods ect... The sandbox potential of this game is outstanding, and it's just a waste that it's not being taken advantage of by being on the PC.

Back