• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Admin issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moonpeach

Registered
Hiya all

I have Windows 7, I am the only user on the system which means i have admin access / permissions. Although i admin sometimes when i go to install things it says i need to be an Admin. So how do i be an admin and install things if im already admin?

Sometime i can do to tell it just to accept its an admin :p

Type UAC in the Start Search field. Click on "Change User Account Control settings" under Control Panel. Under "Choose when to be notified about changes to your computer", move the slider to "Never notify".

I don't see any mention in your post of having disabled UAC, but regardless... open the Security Policy Editor by typing secpol.msc in the Start Search field. Expand Local Policies, and highlight Security Options. Make sure User Account Control: Behavior of the elevation prompt for administrators in Admin Approval Mode is set to "Elevate without prompting".

Back