• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Customer Support A++

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diaz

I would just like to share my brief experience. I bought a motherboard in the last month and had several issues with the install - which most were my error - quick learning curve later and I still have POST beeps when I boot.

After much research, I decided to chance the EVGA technical support through their website - email request type thing. After filling out system specs and sending off the question about the double beep at bootup, on a sunday night, I received an email before I was up on monday morning!

Here is the conversation:
Thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team.
My name is Matthew Moser and I will be answering your question today. Please do not reply to this email, submit any follow up questions here
Question (5/16/2010 5:23:56 PM):

When I boot the computer, I get two beeps during post. It then proceeds to windows and works fine. I use to get 1 long 3 short, at which point Win7 would detect 4G but show 2.99G usable.

After re-seating, I now only get 2 beeps. Occasionally, I will get a single short beep.

My question, is that if those beeps are present, but I can still use my PC as per normal, is this something I should be worried about? RMA ram? I noticed my specific module was not in the EVGA compatibility list, maybe its a simple incompatibility?

Thanks

Answered By Matthew M (5/16/2010 6:01:18 PM):

Hi Francis,

For the beeping if you always got video it will beep for each USB device attached to the system. Set the Low Memory Gap in the BIOS from Auto to 3GB. It will be under Frequency/Voltage Control->Memory Configure. If there is no change check the CPU socket for any missing or damaged pins.

Please contact us back if these suggestions do not resolve the memory issue.

Thanks,

Notice the times. The answer speaks for itself. After unplugging both USB devices, beeps were gone. Problem solved.

I am posting this because I am very impressed with EVGA's technical support. Is my case isolated, or is this common? Regardless, I am simply used to dealing with Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and other big brands, which in the past have been difficult to reach and deal with. Maybe this has changed recently, but in last 2-3 years, calling or emailing a big brand would start a long journey of phone calls, waiting on the line, getting vague answers, long trails of emails with "try this", "how about this" etc... Sometimes begining with absolutely ridiculous things like "is your PC plugged in" etc... That is why I was so reluctant to begin anything with EVGA in the first place.

Share your experience with EVGA, or any other brands for that matter.

-D

Evga tech support - waffles are not just for breakfast anymore.

Only if i emailed my problems in, this might have had a better outcome.

So in lieu of wring up a WOT for everyone to ignore - the short story.

had a minor pwr outage, after the computer powered back up - i lost tri-channel support, and any time sockets 3,4 were used the computer would not boot. entire process lasted 5months? zero follow up from EVGA along the way.
specs-
Intel core i7, 920
EVGA x58 SLI,
Corsair 6gig tri-channel kit.

First EVGA tech i talked too, was dead wrong.

Second tech, did not like first tech's solution- but was right in the end; failed board. but instead of following up on RMA - thought the store could help me faster/better/cheaper. (EVGA wanted 10% of the purchase price to replace the board, in the first 90days of ownership) - crazy, since i have replaced 300 boards for cost of 1-way ground shipping and/or had replacement board in hand before stripping down systems.

third tech, called me 15mins after the i hung up with the 2nd, introduced himself as the 'next level tech' and threw the 2nd tech under the bus, contradicted every step he took to isolate problem and told me my core i7 was defective. later proved dead wrong after cpu was replaced.

forth tech - threw third tech under the bus, and backed over him a few times, for good measure. set up free shipping to send in my defective board- EVGA 'supervisor' would not authorize free advanced replacement. still awaiting 'authorization' after 6 days for standard RMA; process should be completed in 2 according to emails/tech.

dave chappelle said it best as rick james - 'i wish i had more hands so i could give them 4 thumbs down'

board was great before the power went out, tech support - just waffles over problems and causes.

i heard from friends, and co-workers, EVGA was a great company to deal with - laser guided vision on problem resolution, and a real level of devotion to the computer enthusiasts / gamers. i have seen mostly 'try this and call back' approaches - disappointed.
i have had similar problems with MSI, and Asus on board failures as you mentioned, it just seems EVGA has 'grown up'

Last edited:
had a minor pwr outage, after the computer powered back up - i lost tri-channel support, and any time sockets 3,4 were used the computer would not boot.

So a power surge or problem killed your hardware and you want an RMA? Pretty dishonest.

So a power surge or problem killed your hardware and you want an RMA? Pretty dishonest.

Not at all dishonest when it's disclosed. It's dishonest to withhold the information, not to provide freely - which it was on every occasion when speaking to tech support; it would incredibly ballsy to withhold info, than 'whine' about their tech support department missing diagnosis.

also it does not void warranties according to all 4 guys i have spoken too, and the warranty info supplied with the board. the first tech raved about their surge protecting fets when i brought this up;

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Jp, sucks that the techs would contradict each other... To be fair, it seems your problem was a bit tricky/misleading since there was a power surge. Power surge damage is very difficult to troubleshoot expecially when over the phone.

-D

Back