• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a 3 or 4 montor Video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N8N8N8

I need something that can display charts and the internet. No gaming will be done. Looking for some thing decent but not junk. Looking to run 3 or 4 monitors, right now I have on board video..

Links would be great. :)

Thanks

If it has to be one card, look at the Matrox branded ones. They are not made for gaming, so going based on your first post, exactly what you are looking for.

This is what I Belive have

# 1 x 6-pin PCI-E
# 1 x 6+2-pin PCI-E

He is asking about the motherboard, not the power supply.

What is the difference between PCI slot and a video card? Will any games work on a PCI slot? Where would I get a PCI card?

Ty

Grab some cheap PCI-e cards that have dual DVI out.

If you want to buy new:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130378

It would be cheaper to buy older cards that are used, though.

What is the difference between PCI slot and a video card? Will any games work on a PCI slot? Where would I get a PCI card?

Ty
You can't compare a PCI slot and a video card because they aren't even close to the same thing. A PCI slot is an interface on the motherboard, same with PCI-e (PCI Express). PCI video cards are available, but they are much older, lower in stock and consequently more expensive.

so I can run up to 2 monitors on 1 PCI card, so if I get dual PCI Cards I can run 4 monitors? Will any games work at all? Can I run all different screen resolution on each monitor?

Ty

Depends on the game you way to play. I run a GTX 260 as my main card and use it for gaming. I have a 8600GTS installed also that runs other monitors. You can run different resolutions too.

Back