• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going to Europe (Denmark) what do buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperMiguel

Super User
So im Going to Europe (Denmark),I have a Asus eee laptop so i guess i need an adapter to connect my laptop to the denmark wall plug... What adapter i need?

Last edited:
For the most part, they use the standard 2 prong european plug(type C). There are two other kinds listed on the page below. Go to it and scroll down to Denmark.

http://users.telenet.be/worldstandards/electricity.htm

Almost every laptop I have found is dual-voltage. Check the brick to make sure the input is 110v-240v, or close to that ie. 115v-220v. You can get a US to euro(type C) plug or get a universal one.

Main thing to remember, it allows your device to plug into their outlets, but check voltage. I plugged my Wii power brick into a 220 outlet with just an adapter and it fried it.

Let me know if you need anything else.

It looks a little funny in the pic, but yeah I think that is it. I saw this on there also, if your power supply only has 2 pins, you can get one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Plug-Adapter-...8&s=electronics&qid=1274383895&sr=8-1-catcorr

If it is 3 pin though, you need the full round plug.

I buy them over here for less than $1 each. I know they aren't that cheap in the states, but don't pay $8 for it. You can find them for less than $5.

my phone manual says: AC adapter Voltage range/frequency: 100 - 240V AC, 47/63 Hz
DC output: 5V and 1A so i should be good.

my phone manual says: AC adapter Voltage range/frequency: 100 - 240V AC, 47/63 Hz
DC output: 5V and 1A so i should be good.

I went to Denmark back in 2008 for about 6 months. All my chargers worked fine (laptop, cell phone, etc) because they were all rated 110-240v. All i did was to get the plug adapter so it would plug into the two circular plug in the wall. I usually took the adapter with me so when i took my laptop around i could plug it in anywhere.

Also, if you have any questions about Denmark or anything, shoot me a PM. I studied abroad there at the University of Copenhagen and lived in an apartment in Amagerbro near the beach. I could see the windmills off the shore from my apartment.

Back