• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I5 750 &maximus III Formula build complete! Good temps?Worth to go higher????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vmale

Registered
I5 750 &maximus III Formula build complete! Good temps?Worth to go higher????

Hi guys!Finally completed my build last night(took me a good 13hrs from unpacking to final overclock )Pretty happy with this overclock,not sure about the temps,currently running a Zalman CNPS10X Flex with 2 Ultra kaze 3K P/P through a fan controller at 2300 rpm,audible but not too loud!The motherboard
really was a dream to work with,anything i throwed at it so far ,voltage,bckl etc etc has not had a hicup yet :)Is it worth to try to go for another 100-200 mhz performancewise?Also i wondered about my memory,currently running it at 9-9-9-27-90-2T...the row refresh cycle time is 90,what is a "normal" figure for this???im not so good at the subtimings etc....Any help would be nice :)Thx!will upload pics of rig soon!

Congratulation on your build. Your over clock looks good. Always remember the last 100-200MHz is the hardest hurdle to get over, and in reality it usually does not result in any NOTICEABLE performance. That being said, sometimes the last 100-200MHz isn't even stable enough to take a screenshot.

Give it a go though, as long as you can manage to keep your temps manageable, and you don't over volt your chip to hell, you might be able to get 4.4-4.6 out of it for at least a bragging screenshot.

Back