• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Q6600 and Nvidia 9800 GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

causa45

Registered
Hello folks,

I would like to ask you for advice in overclocking both CPU and GPU of my system.
I already got myself the necessary tools to overlook the process of overclocking (temps, clocks, fan speeds etc. -> GPU-Z, CPU-Z) and the necessary overclocking tools (BIOS for CPU, Nvidia CP for GPU).
I also got myself some info about important safety rules while overclocking and some background info (e.g. GPU shader straps).

Now I want to ask, what are both recommended (average OC's) and maximum values for both a Q6600 and a Nvidia 9800 GTX (combination between Clock, Memory and Shader)?
Be aware that I already have my CPU OC'd to ~2.6 GHZ, but I seen much higher values for the CPU and average temps are 40°C

Thanks for your help, hope to be helpful as well when the situation fits ;)
steve

PS: have a look at my screenshot for more information

post-339576-12746871208775.jpg

I would overclock your CPU first to 3.0GHz at least, then test for stability. After that I would overclock the GPU.:cool:

Back