• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no cpu temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvt.Dancer

ok so about 3 days ago i noticed i no longer have a CPU core temp in any programs like core temp, hw monitor and asus pc probe. any ideas why?:sly:

well its either your running so hot that you burnt the sensor...or more likely the sensors not working :p
i would try everest

well since i haven't even been above 62c even when stress testing im going to say it just stopped working. but i will try everest and see what happens thanks for the quick resonse

If it continues to stop working, check BIOS and see if it is reading anything at all.

You may have to send it back for a new one. If one thing is broken already, who knows how quickly the other stuff will go.

well iv been having other weird problems to so maybe it is bad but im not sure how to test the CPU specifically other than stressing it under prime but im not sure what that would tell me any suggestions? i originally thought it was my mobo because my pc keeps crashing when i enable memory hole remapping but maybe its a problem with the memory controller on the cpu... so many problems so little time to figure them out.

I found with my CPU, the best way to get memory to work is to take all but one out. Set the settings. Boot. Shutdown. Insert RAM, and start back up. Things work great now.

Than again I'm on a Beta BIOS.

That sounds like underpants gnomes logic right there. ill try that with the memory though iv been fighting asus with this issue for about a week now and they are just about no help se we will see what happens i guess.

Your cooler produces LN2 24/7 :D

I wish I had something like that.

i say you need to get to 5 ghz quick! before you lose your mojo! well ill be starting a ticket with amd now i guess just get this pain full process over with sigh... first build in years and problem city.

Happenes every once and awhile. No problems with the CPU, just you got a bad batch :(

I know im not mad at AMD i just want my new toy i still enjoy AMD's price point it caters to my heart\wallet. but thanks for helping.

ok i was just at AMD's web site setting up an account to talk to their customer service reps. so i get the account all set up and about to register the CPU and... there is no option for the thubans in this section of the web site for service yet, only on quads and lower... this is going to be interesting... AMD FTW!

Last edited:
Check if you have ACC enabled. When i enable auto clock calibration in my crosshair III bios i notice that i can no longer see the temperatures from the cpu. (im assuming the CrosshairIV also has the ACC feature)

yea that actually worked huh thats odd but thanks for the advice... o well but now i still dont know why my comp is crashing alot latly... i think its my mobo but ASUS is no and i do mean NO help.

Back