• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 930 D0 and Prime95 OCing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr_zbrush

Registered
after 12 hours and 30 mints running prime95 with no errors i thought i reached my stable OCed i7 at 3.85Ghz with the following values

3850temp.jpg

the other day i started working on the computer smoothly, left the PC for a while then came back seeing total black screens on both monitors, when i rebooted i got a msg "load bios default settings" cause of overclocking error or something :mad:

i thought after 12 hours and 30 mints with prime95 without showing even a small error was enough ! anybody have any idea ? guess should i start raising some volts up again !!

Test your RAM, using either Windows based metest or MemTest86, both are free to download from the memtest website, once again you will need to give it a good 9 - 12 hour run, each memtest windows will only run approx 1gb of RAM so if you have 6gb of available RAM you will need to open 6 Windows based memtest 6 times.

Or you can run prime again making the adjustments outlined in the picture below. just quit any running apps then open task manager to find out how much free RAM you have available and enter that figure into box number 2.

Alot of people when using prime forget to include it to test all of their free available RAM, and by default it only tests something like 1.5gb of it unless you change it yourself.

(any errors which you may get from memtest or prime after testing again is not for certain your RAM, could be your north bridge requiring more volatge or your CPU's mem controller.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 450
  • Untitled31.jpg
    Untitled31.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 463
Last edited:
Hey, mind telling me what those other programs are you using ? the one that lets you adjust IOH and the other one on the right with tons of juicy information ?

Also wouldn't a high Bclck than 175 be more beneficial ? you should totally be able to hit 200 with a lower multi!

Hey, mind telling me what those other programs are you using ? the one that lets you adjust IOH and the other one on the right with tons of juicy information ?

Also wouldn't a high Bclck than 175 be more beneficial ? you should totally be able to hit 200 with a lower multi!

the one on the right that he is using is hardware monitor, you can get it for free from the CPU-z website. http://www.cpuid.com/

The other one that lets him adjust his voltages from within windows is called turboV and is his motherboard makers windows based overclocking utility, just like easytune for gigabyte mobo's etc etc, not recommended though, your always better overclocking direct in the bios.

Seanie's Show : thanks for your explaination ... i'll give it a try, also i am using turbo-v to display voltage values .. i always overclock directly from BIOS

decoste007xt : as seanie said, it is turbo-v that comes with most of the Asus motherboards ... the long window on the left is Everest Ultimate Edition ... very cool progarm for pc hardware, everything in detail and very accurate .. http://www.lavalys.com/

i am using 175 cause i am usung 22 multiplier for cpu

Ah okay.. yeah I just wanted a detailed "report" if you will on my voltages and stuff, rather than writing them down from the bios. Thanks!

Ah okay.. yeah I just wanted a detailed "report" if you will on my voltages and stuff, rather than writing them down from the bios. Thanks!

this is what i am using for everyday work at the moment, tested with prime95 for 2 hours, memtest86+ for 3 hours .. both reported no errors, i ran 3d and and VFX simulations using Maya 2011 and Realflow 4 and the speed was good with great stability, also played couple of games with it comfortably ( COD2 Modern warfare 2, Battlefield BC 2, Assassins Creed )

gonna run Linx 6.4 with max RAM for 20 runs and see how it goes.

these are the settings i altred in BIOS, other than that everything is set to Auto

CPU Ratio ..................... 21
Trubo Mode ................... Enabled
BCLK ........................... 181
CPU Voltage .................. 1.2v
QPI/DRAM Voltage .......... 1.33125v
DRAM Bus Voltage .......... 1.5v
PCIE ............................. 100
DRAM Freq ..................... DDR3-1451 MHz
Load-Line Calibration ...... Enabled

DRAM 8-8-8-24 DRAM Clocks

eve_memBunchmark.jpg

oc3800_prime95_1h.jpg