• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

257.15 beta drivers/gtx470sli problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fundip

my system sometimes crashes since i installed my second gtx470 and set it to sli with the new beta 257 drivers. when it reboots the nvidia driver does not load and i have to reinstall it. it did this with the previous drivers as well. this seems like a software problem. has anybody else experienced this?

also when i first installed the second gtx470 the screen would flicker when i set it to sli. i moved the sli bridge from the left pcb connectors to the right pcb connectors and it fixed this. does this mean that one of the left pcb connectors on one of my cards is not functioning?

correction.

it actually has nothing to do with a system crash. the nvidia drivers just sometimes fail to load on startup. sometimes when i restart my system they will load other times they will not.

when a failed driver load occurs msi afterburner will say that it cannot open properly because no compatible hardware has been detected. i suppose this means that my gpu's are not being detected properly.

I have your answer being as we use the same board and I had the same issue a while back.

Rollback or Disable your Realtek LAN drivers in Device Manager (I know weird but it worked for me and others on EVGA forums). An update a while back messed with Nvidia drivers. Try it and it should work good luck man.

my system sometimes crashes since i installed my second gtx470 and set it to sli with the new beta 257 drivers. when it reboots the nvidia driver does not load and i have to reinstall it. it did this with the previous drivers as well. this seems like a software problem. has anybody else experienced this?

also when i first installed the second gtx470 the screen would flicker when i set it to sli. i moved the sli bridge from the left pcb connectors to the right pcb connectors and it fixed this. does this mean that one of the left pcb connectors on one of my cards is not functioning?

Theres your problem.... use the latest non beta drivers DIRECTLY FROM NVIDIAS SITE!... this is what i have always done and i have NEVER had a problem with an nvidia bsod or nvidia driver problems.

I have no bsod's or issues in any games with 257.17, actually this has been my best non bsod nvidia experience ever.

Theres your problem.... use the latest non beta drivers DIRECTLY FROM NVIDIAS SITE!... this is what i have always done and i have NEVER had a problem with an nvidia bsod or nvidia driver problems.
It was an issue with non beta drivers as well. It is an issue with some x58 evga boards.

Been having the same problem once I got the new drivers. I'll try your suggestion to disabling the LAN drivers.

Back