• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to record pc screen and sound?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N8N8N8

I would like to record the screen on my monitor as well as the sound from the speakers? Is this possible and if so, what is need to do so?

Ty

Are you talking from in-games? If so then Fraps is always good.
If you only want to record the desktop you can either use a program called hypercam or feed it through an HDD TV recorder (using DVI->HDMI) and then run from the recorder to your monitor or to a TV.

It will add a lag to the image so I have my monitor attached and use the other DVI port to run it through the HDD recorder (both DVIs displaying the same image). This way I can record stuff at LANs but at the same time keep my normal response time.

if you just want to record what your doing on your screen not games cam studio is perfect for you the best program for it

depends on the camera:)
Snagit is a possibility, however not sure about sound. Also win 7 has a utility to record your session for troubleshooting FREE, also not sure about sound

you can always record your voice or sound etc while you capture video and put the sound in the video when your done

cam studio will let me record the screen as well as the music/ sound coming from the speakers.

Back