• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Yet again...another question about i7 temp + W.C.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yodamanjaro

Registered
I know I am still debating whether to get cooling, but since it's getting hotter out, I'm noticing that my idles are around 40-44C, and a load up to Intel's max, 66-67C.

First of all, should I be worried/concerned about this?

Second of all, should I start looking/researching into w.c.'ing this puppy? People keep saying they have loads only up to low 60s/upper 50s, and an idle of 30s...

What made me think of this is that recently Bad company 2 has been going like a strobe light after playing it for about an hour or so...and I doubt it's the video card rebelling, and in fact, it's both of my monitors (if i alt+tab out of bad co 2 momentarily).

Here are my specs (so it helps):

i7 920 stock (2.66 ghz)
ASUS Premium mobo (socket 1336)
Corsair 850W PSU
Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+
V8 heatsink (for now)
Antec 1200 case

*month-down-the-road-upgrade:* GTX 480

Thanks in advance, and you guys are awesome!

Well, planning for a 920 and a 480, you'll be looking at one massive 140x4 rad to start with.

Possibly two smaller loops, depends on your needs.
Your easily looking at close to $700. You up for that?

Here are links to get you started. You can also learn a ton by hanging out and reading the daily posts about setups just like yours we discuss every day. So get a drink, read 20-30 posts from beginning to end and bookmark the luinks in this link and start your research. Yes, research.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6489396&postcount=3

Honestly, if you are going to invest up to 600 in W.C. 700 is not going to be the breaking point. Grab Conum's links, read abit. If your still up for it, keep on going. Also, keep in mind that these are only estimates. After you do your own research, who knows what kind of hardware youll end up with?

Cheers,
Mass

Back