Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards
Forum Jump

abit be6II rev 1.1 wtf?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 02-06-02, 11:51 AM Thread Starter   #1
nostromo

abit be6II rev 1.1 wtf?

Hey guys this is not really a overclocking issue. It is a weird ****ing issue. I upgraded from a 700 100mhz flip chip to a 1 gig 133 flip chip. flashed to the newest bios and could not post Flashed again and could post but could not gain one ****ing frame on my geforce2 gts. Then I could not boot into my linux partition at 133 fsb. The agp divider seems to be incorrect in the bios also. I can boot up into both partitions at 130 mhz which is showing me 974 cpu speed at boot up! I thought this board would support 133 fsb? And the no gain in the video is really ****ing with my head. I am putting in 300 mhz more power!!

Any feedback greatly appreciated!!!
nostromo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 02-07-02, 02:20 AM   #2
drapal
Registered

Hi,
it seems, that 133 MHz is behind the limit of chipset on your MoBo. Try to increase
VI/O (default value on BE6-II is 3.5 V).
drapal is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-07-02, 11:06 AM   #3
Overclocker550

Re: abit be6II rev 1.1 wtf?

Quote:
Originally posted by nostromo
Hey guys this is not really a overclocking issue. It is a weird ****ing issue. I upgraded from a 700 100mhz flip chip to a 1 gig 133 flip chip. flashed to the newest bios and could not post Flashed again and could post but could not gain one ****ing frame on my geforce2 gts. Then I could not boot into my linux partition at 133 fsb. The agp divider seems to be incorrect in the bios also. I can boot up into both partitions at 130 mhz which is showing me 974 cpu speed at boot up! I thought this board would support 133 fsb? And the no gain in the video is really ****ing with my head. I am putting in 300 mhz more power!!

sorry to hear. I had the same problem when I upgraded to a pentium3 600e it would overclock to 140fsb for 840 which is amazing but I didnt gain any performance over my 550 celeron. I think BX boards cant take full advantage of pentium3 coppermines hence no performance gain I sold the p3 and kept the celeron. that was last year. oh not all bx boards will do 133fsb. my abit bh6 wont even do 124fsb!
Overclocker550 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-21-02, 03:43 PM   #4
Gerry_ie
Registered

I dunno guys. I'm running a 600e @ 900mhz on this board, and performance is brilliant. Bx gives better coppermine performance than any other platform, you should read the old chipset shootouts on tomshardware.com if you have any doubts about that. This machine performs brilliantly in quake3, about 150 fps in timedemo_four at fastest settings. ram is at 2-2-2 which helps also.
Gerry_ie is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-10-02, 06:20 AM   #5
Falkentyne

10 Year Badge

Re: abit be6II rev 1.1 wtf?

Quote:
Originally posted by nostromo

Several things to check:
Is your RAM rated for 133 FSB? That matters, big time.
Is your RAM set for cas 2 or cas 3? If it's set for cas 2, try cas 3.
If 133 FSB will not POST, try 134 FSB.
Make sure PCI divider is set to 1/4.

What do you mean AGP divider is incorrect? Your divider should be 2/3 for AGP. If it's 1/1, then.....your video card is going to go crazy at 133 mhz AGP and you might not even be able to make it into the BIOS to fix it without a CMOS clear...
Falkentyne is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-11-02, 02:49 PM   #6
Overclocker550

he should clear cmos and then set it to 100fsb first then 112, 124 and see how high itll overclock
Overclocker550 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-15-02, 07:42 AM   #7
LYRA
Registered

You need too......and/ or not..

nostromo:
Check your Slotket adapter ! I used to have problem (a lot of problems) with my old AOpen slotket (FCPGA-compatible !). It just couldnt stand FSB's over 125 MHz.
Changed it to a new ASUS S370-DL and all my problems dissapeared !!!

Quote:
Hey guys this is not really a overclocking issue. It is a weird ****ing issue. I upgraded from a 700 100mhz flip chip to a 1 gig 133 flip chip. flashed to the newest bios and could not post Flashed again and could post but could not gain one ****ing frame on my geforce2 gts. Then I could not boot into my linux partition at 133 fsb.

And you HAVE to check that the BIOS setting "In-Order Queue Depth" is set to "8", and not "1"
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT !
I gained more performance wit my Celeron at standard speed (850MHz) with this setting to "8", than overclocked to 1133MHz with this set to "1"
Have to be "8", and not "1" in respect of performance !!!!!
I dont think that all motherboards have this setting, by my "old" BE6-II had.
It gave me a huge gain in "POWER" versus running in "1" !!!

Hope this helps
Lyra

"some" of my old rig:
Abit BE6-II ver1.1 (flashed to ver 2.0)
Intel Celeron 850@1133 (running at 133 MHz FSB)
Win2k SP2
ASUS Slotket S370-DL

Last edited by LYRA; 03-15-02 at 07:56 AM.
LYRA is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 03-28-02, 10:39 PM   #8
NeoJapKid
Registered

definately check your pci and agp dividers to the correct settings. sounds liek your video card is working overtime and can handle it
NeoJapKid is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > Intel Motherboards
Intel Motherboards