• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, 5770, no DVI signal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sekai

Well i can't find a right title for it.
SO here goes.

So i have an ATI Radeon HD 5770 from XFX, and it ran just fine with my 22" Dell 720p monitor since i have it, the 26th of december.

now my 22" was running via DVI since well always and never had trouble with it.
and today i got my self a second monitor, 19" HP 1955

my dell is pluged into the top DVI.
as soon as i plugged the HP to the bottom DVI port, my Dell went blank and i heard the " Hardware disconected " sound which worries me now.
and the HP tells me that he has not signal.

so i poped out my HDMI cable and plugged onto my dell to my 5770, it displays just fine this way, and when i go into the CCC and check the monitors tab, it tells me it does not see anything else, only my dell via HDMI.

also if i shutdown the system and leave only the dell or the HP plugged into the first DVI or second DVI port, * only one monitor at a time* nothing shows up, not even post, though in HDMI it's all fine.

any ideas? did my DVI connecters just died when i got the second monitor plugged? * the "Hardware Disconnected" sound makes me think that's the case... a DVI suicide :shock:

Thanks in advance.

Back