• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Linux Networking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Coreyoliseffect

I am a little torn on where to throw this thread but I figure that I will put it here as it has to do with some Linux config.

I recently upgraded my Laptop to Ubuntu 10.04 from Vista. :) I hooked up my Netgear router and my main rig and I can not seem to access my laptop from it or vice versa. The laptop does recognize that there is a wireless network but not a wired one. When I am at work and I hook the laptop up it catches the internet just fine. I don't browse around the network because there isn't any need from my personal comp. I have tried setting up a wired connection manually but with no luck. It also seems to be having issues connecting wireless as well. Any thoughts?

EDIT: NVM, looks like I dicked around long enough and got it. lol I downloaded Samba and that seems to have made things work. I am now getting a password required deal but I think I know what to do about that.

Last edited:
Back