• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090T - Its Arrived & Installed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrisjackson198

Hey guys,

left everything on default, turned off turbo and cool n quiet etc.

bumped up the multiplyer and tested it in 15 minute intervals on prime95 large/high heat setting,

however, on 3.8ghz it crashed.

so, should i now start bumping up the 'Cpu Voltage' in small increments?

... is that my next step?

default is only 1.32v, so should i try 1.33 and test again at the failed speed of 3800mhz?

oh, and its not the temp - on 3.8ghz on the failure - temps were fine - 29c idle & 41c Full Load.

Last edited:
:welcome: chrisjackson198! Can you list full specs, and full BIOS specs? This way it will be very easy for me to help you!

Also for good reading check up my Phenom II guide. It doesn't include Thuban material yet, but a lot of the information there still applies to the Thuban.

8gb G.Skill NQ
MSI 790FX-GD70 (Winky Edition) Motherboard with latest 2.3 BIOS
2x500gb Hitachi Harddrives
Advanced WaterCooling including resevoir, pump, radiator, tubing etc
Dual Ati Radeon 4890's
Tagan 1100w PSU
Asus Xonar D2X Sound Card
LG Blu-Ray Drive
Alphacool Digital LCD Display.

this is my PC.

currently on stock settings and just bumping up the multiplyer, but 3.8ghz failed at the default voltages.

also, what is CPU-VID, CPU-VDDC? (Which is the one you bump up?)

in my BIOS i have settings for both CPU-VDDC or 'Cpu Voltage'

CPU-VID should be your CPUv, VDDC is for overall voltage control. I'm looking up your manual right now.

if i change the VID in AOD to 1.4v, CPU-Z still says my CPU voltage is 1.32v

yet, if i leave the VID at 1.32v and change my VDDC to 1.4v, CPU-Z also says 1.4v on the Core Voltage.

so, is the VDDC the right one? while leaving the other at 1.32v?

i just tested it for 15 minutes on prime95 on the highest heat setting and got 46c on full load after 15 minutes and seemed to stay around that mark. (This was at 4000mhz at 1.4v VDDC)

** and i know not to trust AOD, but it makes things a little easier to test without all the reboots.

15 minute stable then i stopped it, as i tend to do 15 minute intervals when nudging up the settings. (if its gonna crash, it usually does it before then on the high heat/large prime95 setting)

4000Mhz passed on this at 1.4v vddc, although i havnt touched my RAM clock speed yet, its still at 1333mhz.

Just to confirm this is what is in your Manual.

CPU VDD Voltage: Overal Voltage controll to the CPU
CPU-NB VDD Voltage: Overall Voltage control to the CPU-NB
CPU Voltage: Voltage for the CPU
CPU-NB Voltage: Voltage for the CPU-NB
CPU PLL Voltage: Used for higher end FSB OCing. You shouldn't need to touch
CPU DDR-PHY Voltae: Good question... Naming schemes need to be standardized
DRAM Voltage: Voltage for the RAM
DDR Vref Voltage: Most likely the same as VDD but for the RAM
NB PCI-E I/O Voltage: This would be used for high end OCing
NB Voltage: Voltage for the Chipset
NB PCI-E Voltage: Another high end OCing voltage regulator
HT Link Voltage: For the HTT Link
SB Voltage: Voltage on the SB.

You should only touch
CPU Voltage
CPU-NB Voltage
DRAM Voltage
NB Voltage
HT Link Voltage
SB Voltage

NB, HT Link, and SB voltages should only be touched whne you get to the higher OCing. I'll help you with those later.

For now lets get you stable at 3.8ghz. Try using 1.4v on the CPU, and 1.22v on the CPU-NB with the CPU-NB at 2.6ghz and the HT at 2.6ghz as well.

Ram should be default highest and running at default SPD settings. Make sure to manually put these in though.

Side note: Don't use AOD. Everything should be done through BIOS. If you see an option for Turbo Mode, make sure to turn that off as well.

how long do you run Prime95 to test between your 'bump-ups' ?

as 1.4v cpu voltage lasted my 15 min on large FTT's high heat at 4000 mhz Dolk

that was everything on default/auto with the multiplyer raised to 4000 and the cpu voltage raised from 1.32 to 1.4v

btw, ive set up the settings you requested.

3800mhz
1.4v Core Voltage
1.22v

Last edited:
I'm running the settings dolk has just suggested, currently running prime95

Never touched the other settings other than cpu voltage and multiplyer before, is it more stable or cooler running the other 2 settings at 2600 instead of default 2000?

The higher CPU-NB and HTT create a more stable environment for the CPU. Go ahead and try the CPU at 4.0ghz with the CPUv at a max of 1.5v. Keep everything else the same.

temps mostly come from voltage changes not clock changes as far as i have seen with my Thuban i'm running my CPU-NB at 2800 and HT-Link on 2600 right now and its been very stable for me at the 4.1

well i know you'll have to bump it for a 2600 CPU-NB but what works for you wont necessarily work for me or anyone else. and right now i have mine at 1.237 for now i havent started working down i know its stable though.

My cpu-NB is 1.22v and 2600 as dolk suggested, ht is 2600 also, while cpu voltage is 1.5v and testing at x20 multiplyer for 4000mhz,

Edit: machine just shut off and won't come back on

Back