• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High Temps (~60C) with Armor+ LCS case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldudefx

Hi all!

So, I've got a Thermaltake Armor+ LCS liquid cooled case, and an i7 965 CPU. And it's running really hot (i.e. 100C under full load). I've replaced the coolant (currently using distilled water while waiting for new coolant), replaced the default Thermaltake fan with an Apevia one (above the radiator), and re-applied new thermal paste (Arctic Silver 5) after cleaning off the old stuff. What am I missing here? I know the CPU shouldn't be nearly that hot. When not under load, it sits between 50-65C. My ambient temperature is around 20C.

Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. This is my first LCS system, and obviously I missed something along the way.

:welcome: to O/C Forums

Im sorry but yes you did miss something. Thermaltake suck at watercooling. Big time!. They make some decent cases and even make some ok power supplies but water cooling is a total no-go area with the company.

They had enough trouble keeping Core2 Quads cooled so what has happned when using an i7 is to be expected.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

Last edited:
:welcome: to O/C Forums

Im sorry but yes you did miss something. Thermal take suck at watercooling. Big time!. They make some decent cases and even make some ok power supplies but water cooling is a total no-go area with the company.

They had enough trouble keeping Core2 Quads cooled so what has happned when using an i7 is to be expected.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

He's right. replacing the parts with good quality ones should fix it right up.

i assume you have a triple 120mm rad currently?

Yeah. I think I'm just going to pull out that unit, maybe eventually replace it with a fan controller. I'm gonna look around for a good air cooling unit. I move my system a lot for school anyways, so it may be better not to have liquid sloshing around.

Thanks for the input guys! It helps to have people who know what they're talking about.

Back