Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

Razer Copperhead mouse button problem

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 06-06-10, 12:07 PM Thread Starter   #1
Andor

Razer Copperhead mouse button problem

I have a Razer Copperhead mouse that the left mouse button (J19) double clicks when I single click. So I opened it up all the way and it looks like all of the buttons on the mouse use the same switch. I can't for the life of me find the switch for sale anywhere on the internet. Anyone know where I can get one?
(Please don't just give me electronic part places - looking for a specific link to the part I need - I've tried all the places I can think of but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot or something)

Writing on the switch:
DM1
1A 125VAC

534C

Same switch appears to be used on J19,J20,S4,S5,S6,S7

Some pictures of the innards:
http://razerblueprints.net/index.php...de/Page-3.html

Thanks all!

Motherboard - Asus P5K Premium (Black Pearl Edition) | Processor - Q6600 (G0) @ 3.0Ghz - Vid: 1.3V - | Cooler - Thermalright Ultra 120 | RAM - 4X2Gb (8gb) Mushkin (996599) | Video Card - 8800GT on Stock Cooler | Sound Card - Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1| PSU - Corsair TX750 | HDDs - (2) Raptor 74gig in RAID0 + WD500GB 7200rpm | Case - Antec | Monitor - Dell 2405FPW | OS - Win7 x64

Last edited by Andor; 06-06-10 at 12:11 PM. Reason: added link to pictures
Andor is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 06-06-10, 09:25 PM   #2
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Can't help exactly, but have you thought about taking the switch itself apart and seeing if you can repair it? We've got an old guide which may apply loosely for you here:
http://www.overclockers.com/mouse-cl...es-diy-repair/

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-10-10, 01:42 AM   #3
breech

The microswitch mech has worn out.

your options:

Google Omron D2FC-F-7N which is a replacement part (used in newer razers and logitechs)

or the exact replacement here

order a replacement microswitch from razer (probably expensive, and the omron seems better quality)

buy another mouse and swap the parts out (I bought a lachesis, hated it, desoldered a microswitch and took the usb cable out and modified to repair my copperhead)

repair the switch - as stated above

de-solder one of the 4 extra buttons & modify - may not work, but it seems to be the same switch just with bent pins at right angle.

on a side note, i just serviced the scroll wheel actuator. There was plenty of grease inside which was causing weird scrolling. fine point grippy long nose pliers, q-tip, patience, careful disassembly and reassembly was all that was needed.

Last edited by breech; 07-10-10 at 02:54 AM.
breech is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Thanks!
Andor (07-10-10)
Old 07-10-10, 03:01 PM Thread Starter   #4
Andor

Breech - thank you for the part #.

I did some more research and found:
http://www.newark.com/jsp/search/bro...atchallpartial

I'm sure other places probably have it as well.

Found some guide (not the same mouse - but had same problem with same type of switch)
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=594646

Thank you to everyone that helped!

Motherboard - Asus P5K Premium (Black Pearl Edition) | Processor - Q6600 (G0) @ 3.0Ghz - Vid: 1.3V - | Cooler - Thermalright Ultra 120 | RAM - 4X2Gb (8gb) Mushkin (996599) | Video Card - 8800GT on Stock Cooler | Sound Card - Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1| PSU - Corsair TX750 | HDDs - (2) Raptor 74gig in RAID0 + WD500GB 7200rpm | Case - Antec | Monitor - Dell 2405FPW | OS - Win7 x64
Andor is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 07-11-10, 09:26 AM   #5
evoted

I have the same mouse and i used to have the same problem...

Here is what happen in my case...

When you click the outside button there is this "leg" inside that makes contact with the microswitch, well that "leg" was worn and it was not falt any more, it had like a saddle shape (very very small), so every time a click it that saddle shape will hug that microswitch making it a double click.

Since taking appart the mouse voids the warranty, so i had nothing to lose and a lot to gain...so what i did was use to super glue to fill that gap (very very lil) and make it some what falt again that wont hug that microswitch.

Well that did it for me, look closely to that part im talking about and make sure its falt.

Good luck!

ASUS P7P55D Pro
2Gx2 GSKILL F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH
eVGA GTX 470 SC w/Koolance Full Block
Corsair VX 550
Dell 2209WA & 2709W
Razer Lycosa & Cooperhead
evoted is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.