• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield BC2 and DX11

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

j5tar

How do I know if this game is running on DX10 or 11? There is no settings to change it in the menu.

You can force it by going to the BFBC2 folder in Documents, opening settings.ini and changing the line 'DxVersion=auto' to 'DxVersion=11.'

If it's on auto it 'should' run in DX11... but like Hyperlogik said, just force it to make sure...

whats HBAO for that matter? Ive seen some screens comparing it on and off, but i cant tell a difference

Just put it on auto... it wil be dx11, you should be able to notice a slight difference.

Horizon Based Ambient Occlusion. It makes the shadows and lighting look better.

Ahh thanks. Slows my frame rates down a bit, so i never bothered with it, especially since i cant tell when its on or not (besides the sluggishness)
Think ill check on the DX11 tonite though.

Ahh thanks. Slows my frame rates down a bit, so i never bothered with it, especially since i cant tell when its on or not (besides the sluggishness)
Think ill check on the DX11 tonite though.
Yeah it can hit your framerate pretty hard, if you want to improve your performance, HBAO would be the first thing I would turn off as it doesn't make a huge difference visually.

I found with 5850 CF HBAO knocked about 15-20FPS off my frame rates at 1080p with everything maxed out. It looks nice if you take the time to stare at the grass and jungle, but in multi-player I don't notice.

Back