• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

testing new hwbot rankings on ocf

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Little bit of waiting involved, but yesterday I resent a PM from 5/25 and I got a promising answer today...

I.M.O.G. said:
YES! I'd absolutely be interested.

Let me know what you need from me to get started testing, and I'll get it in place.

richba5tard said:
Hi Matt,

We are working on custom vbulletin tags to display an up to date ranking of the team. We could use a team to test it a bit. Are you interested?

The concept would be the following: when a user puts a specific [hwbot] tag in his post, it would be replaced with up to date html retrieved from the hwbot server.

Eg:
[hwbot]http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1012541_g.foyle_maxxmem_ddr3_1000.7_marks[/hwbot]
=> replaced with submission info / rank / etc
[hwbot]http://hwbot.org/rankings/benchmark/pcmark_2005/rankings?teamId=100[/hwbot]
=> replaced with hwbot pcmark ranking
etc.

Kind regards,
Frederik

I.M.O.G. said:
richba5tard said:
I.M.O.G. said:
Was looking through the forums, did a couple searches - couldn't find anything relevant/recent.

I've been told mbot doesn't work on OC Forums because it doesn't work with newer versions of vbulletin - we are on 3.8.5. Anything I can do to get this working or is that method of submitting scores deprecated?

Hi I.M.O.G.,

That way of submitting scores is deprecated. Once 95% of all submission came in through manual, online submissions we decided to drop support for the bot. That was last summer. :)

Kind regards,
Frederik

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. That makes a lot of sense.

Is there anything in the works that will update forum threads with information from manual submissions on hwbot? I noticed you had an external API for submission, but I wasn't able to find anything Overclockers.com could use to pull some team information into our forums from hwbot.

Team members are talking about updating threads manually with their benchmark results so I'm looking for options that are not as time consuming, but also display the level of the team activity publicly.

Thanks,
Matt

Hmm, well. Cool. Auto submits again.

This would be cool to mix in with the thought I (and Bobn) had, but not to use exclusively as the scope I mentioned was for non bench team members and non bot members...(but used as a lure to get bench team members). Manual updating will still be needed unless I missed something.

I don't think this is an auto-submission thing, more like it auto updates the benching tag in your signature with your latest point amount and ranking, rather than have to go create a new tag every couple weeks or whatever.

OICNOW. That would explain why my sig at the bot was from 11/7/08... LOL.

So that wouldnt work for auto updating the benchmark threads we were talking about. I misunderstood the scope. :)

It takes just as long to make a post here with all the necessary info, as it does to log into hwbot and make a submission. Not sure why people are still clinging to the auto-updater thing that hwbot used to offer when it's not any faster or more efficent.

I don't think this is an auto-submission thing, more like it auto updates the benching tag in your signature with your latest point amount and ranking, rather than have to go create a new tag every couple weeks or whatever.

Actually I think its more like a semi auto updater for in house rankings. You submit at the bot, throw a [hwbot]asdf[/hwbot] in our rankings thread and it gets updated with info.

It takes just as long to make a post here with all the necessary info, as it does to log into hwbot and make a submission. Not sure why people are still clinging to the auto-updater thing that hwbot used to offer when it's not any faster or more efficent.

You can also enter alot more info when submitting to the bot. Which is great for doing research (what is this mobo capable of?) and comparing results.

Some browser warnings to come with this, but its getting close to something useable, waiting to hear back from richb - he's working on it:

*removed*

Last edited:
Ooo shiny.

Is JavaScript disabled for normal users? I tried to whip up the 3d01 rankings but it just shows up as code.

Looks nice.

Is it just me, or if you try and open this page on firefox it gives like 50 error messages?

Looks great Matt, thanks, works without any errors on Firefox, I see all the benchmarks and rankings from CPUZ all the way to Aquamark

Everything but plain text and bbcode is disabled for all users, however like I found with the banners, we can define replacement variables which will get converted after its submitted. If I edit my post above and save, it would turn back into code.

For example, typing benchingbanner with curly braces around it will insert html into your post and display the banner - that's how your titles are done. In a similar way, there's a phrase you can type which presents the example I posted above. I'll make that phrase public once we work out the kinks, or maybe we'll use bbcode instead.

Ultimately, if richbastard gets it working right we'll use bbcode. If its not quite what we are looking for, we may also have the option of doing some custom stuff using modified versions of what RichB has already developed like in the example above.

It rendered as an image the first time (early afternoon), now it works great for me.

Back