• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extreme Noobie wants to Overclock his 8200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tek101

Registered
Hello,

first day here on the forums. I recently upgraded from a Q6600 to a Q8200 because Microcenter told me that my processor was burned but, in fact it was not and it was the Motherboard. So, I opted to keep the Q8200 and can probably make the 6600 a project down the line.

Also, I also just installed windows 7 and I am having problems with it. It seems to freeze on standard settings after boot up any where from 5-15 minutes, to remedy this I have to either bump up the voltage on the CPU and bring down the voltage on the RAM or vice versus and I have no clue why; it might be the memory I have no clue.

My setup is as follows:
Asus P5N-D
Q8200 @ 2.33
2x OCZ 2GB Dual CH PC2 6400 + 2x OCZ 1GB Dual CH PC2 6400
BFG Nvidia Geforce 8800 (I have a spare now also because the heatsink on these beasts are huge and don't fit on this MB for SlI)

I just wanted help getting in the door to OCing and if anyone has suggestions that would be great :)

thanks

Welcome!!!

Check out the overclocking guide in my sig (C2D/C2Q). That should help get you going!!!

thank you for your help :). would you recommend me updating my bios to the current one or just keep mine at 1101 which it came with?

Last edited:
Back