• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quietest 60mm fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

i am making a 1500+ system for my uncle and am gonna use a nforce and a sk6. I am definetly NOT going to oc so i need the quietest 60mm fan that will keep the processor below 45c full load. Oh yeah i am gonna put some artic silver 3 on the sk6 and cpu so that should bring the temps down as well. I need this to be a very very quiet computer.

thanks for suggestions

A YSTech 27 cfm 60mm fan may be the lowest performance fan you could get away with. Trouble is, these fans seem to be made to be noisy. A similar Pabst fan may be quieter. If it's not too late, perhaps an Alpha PAL-8045 with a ~50 cfm 80mm on it may be a good choice. Caveat: I dunno if the large 8045 fits the mainboard you want to use.

If the "architecture" of the SK6 permits it, an 80mm fan could be cable-tied to it. A 60mm-to-80mm fan adapter may or may not be feasible with the SK6.

Hmmm.. How about an adapter to 92mm and then get a Sunon or something that pushes 40cfm or so. My 80mm Sunon 38dBA makes NO NOISE.

Yodums

Emericana said:
how is the Thermaltake TT-6025 that is 28 dba and 21cfm. How do i know how loud 28dba is?

You will overheat your cpu with an SK6 and a 21 cfm fan. I would not get anything less than 26cfm.

fine then i will get a 80mm adapter what is a good quiet 80mm fan. it has to be under 30 dba. thanksagain

If you can find one, a high end Papst 60mm fan is relatively quiet for high flow ... I have found it a good balance between the high noise Deltas and the more conservative Panaflows. Good luck!

Koooler King

Back