• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my Dynatrn Genius AM3 cooler! WOW! But 1 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wallc777

Registered
Ok, went and got a Dynatron Genius G950 cooler and this thing is amazing! My idle went from 32C down to 23C. It was a real headache to install, had to take out my motherboard. After 2 long hours of working on my rig, I put everything back.

I had gotten 5 120x120x25mm case fans, 1 in the front(intake), 1 in the back (exhaust), 1 on the bottom (intake).

However, I have 2 empty slots on the top but my system fans cannot fit because of this humongous CPU heatsink. It's like 2cm too think to fit. I feel like sanding it down, but I don't wanna bring out the heavy equipment and get all dirty for something so small.

What do i do!?!? :mad: :bang head

Any help would be apprecaited!

This should be in the cooling section or case section. But, I personally have no picture in my mind. Maybe some pictures would help.

could you mount the fans on the outside of the case and drill a small hole to run the wires through?

Idle temps don't count for anything - what was the change in your load core temp?
What was your previous cooler, the stock 4-heatpipe sink?

I'm with Chance on this, just can't visualize the issue by your description ...

I was using the original stock heatsink. My peak temp before was 42-45C, now my peak is at 32-33C.

I will try to take some pictures of my case and put it here:santa:

I just ordered 2 120mmx20mm fans. much better! That should do the trick.

it would look awfully disgusting if I had fans outside the case, especially on top

Last edited:
Back