• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus vs MSI 5770

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Need some advice a GPU I plan on overclocking.

Asus: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121363 $138
MSI: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127490 $179

Does anyone have an experience with the Twin Frozr 2? Sure it looks a lot better, but I am having trouble justifying the extra $40.

Any input?:shrug:

i dont have any experience but the msi is faster core clock is 875MHz
and the asus is 850
i personally dont think it will make that much of a difference but if i had the money i would go with the msi

The MSI comes with a stock clock 850 and with their utility it over clocks to 875. The difference is almost nominal and I feel comfortable overclocking the Asus. I'm just not sure the benefit is there aside from the aesthetics.

The MSI comes with a stock clock 850 and with their utility it over clocks to 875. The difference is almost nominal and I feel comfortable overclocking the Asus. I'm just not sure the benefit is there aside from the aesthetics.
oo ok so in that case i dont think its worth the extra 40$

You can OC much higher than 875MHz with Afterburner. Mine is at 1030MHz (core) /1350MHz (mem).

-----

I have the MSI and like it a lot, so I have some input on the Hawk. The cooler is much bigger, and it cools just about the whole top of the PCB. The MSI has voltage control through Afterburner. The ASUS probably has it through SmartDoctor, but I'm not sure. The MSI also has vCore and vMem voltage check points for a DMM, which really helps if you do any voltage hard mods.

The MSI has a DisplayPort in place of the ASUS's VGA port. So, that depends on your needs, but there are always DVI-VGA adapters.

Also, the MSI Hawk and Lightning are custom made with higher quality components, for what that's worth.

This is starting to sound like an ad...

If you can get voltage control on the Asus, then that's really what you'll want. I just hope the cooler on it will be sufficient for an OC w/ voltage control.

Back