• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rads 120 vs 140mm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MrLarkins

Your thoughts. Pros & Cons...

Personally, I'm seeing a trend in R/D towards the 140mm. If bigger is better, i.e. more surface area for cooling, then why not make the upgrade?

There is not enough quality 140mm fans.Bigger is not always better , usually there is a sweet spot for everything.

hmmm, I think the Yate Loon 140mm Medium Speed Silent Case Fan - D14SM-12 - Sleeved is a quality 140mm. I imagine there are a couple more choices out there as well. Big fans, low RPM, low noise...perfect fit for a larger radiator

the larger fans have lower pressure ratings which require lower fin density on the rad as well.

then you have to have compatible cases . we are a very very very very small portion of the world that uses computers and so the market hasnt had enough exposure yet to make the change.
it will happen sloooooowly as gamers make a niche market . trust me on this as i have LOTS of experience in this arena

Back