• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Fan Error on Boot, Help??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

abarth_1200

Hi,

This is a problem I have had for a while just never got round to getting it sorted, any suggestions to what it could be?

Its says press F1 to continue so Im gessing its no big deal but it does slow my boot down and there is obviously something wrong.

What info do you need from me so you can help.

Same thing's happening on my old AMD 64X2 board. I just plugged the CPU fan straight into the PSU (it's near silent anyway) and just putting up with the error.

I think it's just a bug, have you updated your BIOS?

Well if its not picking up the CPU fan right now, you obviously arent going to have the speed control feature.

Is your fan plugged into the CPU fan header on the board, or did you maybe plug it into a fan header?

Did you try another fan?
Check the connection on the fan plug?
Do you have the cpu temp warning/shutdown enabled in the bios, just in case?

Here's a stab at it. My guess is that because you set your fan to "silent", your fan may not be spinning either at all or too slowly. This can happen over time as dust gets in to the bearing of the fan. Of course, this depends on the quality of the fan and the amount of dust in your environment. Because you have the fan spinning at a slow speed, it may not be clearing dust as it might if it were spinning faster.

Try a different fan to test with or try setting your BIOS to "Full speed ahead".

Back