• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

You think a 1U cooler will cool a GF4 better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anything is probably better than what they probably have on it now. Theoretically it's going to be the minimum cooling in order to save money. But to be sure we'll have to see. :)

-DarkArctic

I'd like to see the manufacturers use a slightly higher quality fan on thier Heatsinks. Actually some of the newer GPU heatsinks are fairly decent, its the fan they use thats usually anemic :mad:

From what I've seen so far, not all the manufacturers are going with the reference HSF seen with the fancy logo sticker on it. PNY seems to be going with their massive HS's and fan from the GF3 Ti line.

The only thing is the memory is so close to the GPU now that a bigger HSF will end up covering GPU and memory together.

1u cooler

Lou: I'm pretty sure it'd be 60mmx60mm, or maybe a little smaller. Trying to find something for your northbridge?

Back